Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bmw Forums

lexi1

http://www.bmwland.co.uk/talker/viewtopic....er=asc&start=25

Ok fellas, long time no chat. As i needed a bigger car for the expanding family i decided on a BMW 525i Sport. Just thought you would all like to no, even though i am now a BMW owner i am still fighting the Lexus corner on the BMW forums. Even though i love my 5 series I think my next car will have to be a new GS or RX400 so i can get back on a decent forum with members who talk sense.

Nice to hear from you again! :D

Thanks for the link to the other forum - don't agree with alot of it however unsuprisingly:

Noisy, little torque, really lousy auto box, numb steering and handling with ancient ride control and horrible plastic interior.
:crybaby:

I would sign up just to argue, but I can't be arsed.

If anyone wants to organise an invasion of the BMW forums though, count me in!

My mate Adrian bought my Mk.1 GS off me, reckoned it was the nicest car he'd driven. Bear in mind that this is up against his current line-up of a Jaguar XJ6, BMW 735 Hartge, BMW 520 Tourer, Mitsubishi GTO, Nissan Skyline plus a few other odds and sods!

A man stood at the pearly gates,

His face all scarred and old,

He stood before the man of fate,

For admission to the fold.

"What have you done," St. Peter asked,

"To gain admission here?"

"I've owned a BMW sir,"

"For many and many a year."

The pearly gates swung open wide,

St. Peter clanged the bell,

"Come on in," St. Peter cried,

"You've had your share of Hell!"

Even though i am now a BMW owner i still dislike the majority of BMW drivers. Not all, but the majority are so far up there own backsides it amazes me, they really think they are are head and shoulders above the rest. Although my 5 series is a craking car i would not rate it any higher than a Lexus in any field and when my brother in law decides to sell is RX300 ( he will sell it to me for trade price) or the values drop on the new GS i will be back. BMW's are good car's, i think it is the owners that give them a bad name and as for a 3 series they are now more common than Mondeos.

Just had a quick look on their forums, see what you mean about being arrogant! Still, people can be very brand loyal and BMW have that down to a T, with the highest rate of repeat sales from existing cusotmers.

You only have to think of Lexus as a major success story in America as they have been no.1 for a long time now and shot to fame in no time with stacks of awards.

The UK is the biggest market place inside of Europe and think it will be only a matter of time before the blind take note and realise that Lexus mean business with strive for perfection.

Even though i am now a BMW owner i still dislike the majority of BMW drivers. Not all, but the majority are so far up there own backsides it amazes me, they really think they are are head and shoulders above the rest. Although my 5 series is a craking car i would not rate it any higher than a Lexus in any field and when my brother in law decides to sell is RX300 ( he will sell it to me for trade price) or the values drop on the new GS i will be back. BMW's are good car's, i think it is the owners that give them a bad name and as for a 3 series they are now more common than Mondeos.

Sounds just like a guy i know who owns 2 bmws,thinks his something special :lol:

they are no more biased towards BMW than you guys are being towards Lexus.

Lookup any post on here where someone comes and asks a similar question - and read EXACTLY the same comments.

its a BMW forum, they own BMWs - its a natural bias.

this is a Lexus forum - we own Lexus - the same bias exists here

Lookup any post on here where someone comes and asks a similar question - and read EXACTLY the same comments.

Not me i own a Toyota :lol:

I disagree Matt, i was a regular on this forum for almost 2 years and questions were often asked about other cars. Yes, they were always biased but more often than not in a nice way and a little freindly bannter was often included. If someone was asking a genuine question about other brands, between the humour serious responces were more often than not given. Not all but some of these guys on the BMW forum seem to hold a genuine hate for anything not BMW. I no a few members on this site who deflected to other marques and were always wished well. I really dont think the BMW boys would be the same.

Is anyone still following this thread on the BMW forum, think i will have to let it go now guys or run the risk of being banned. Will anyone still talk to a banished BMW driver on this forum if i am hung, drawn and quarterd. I can add some Lexus style lights to my 5 and pretend cant i.

You should decide to sell your car... LOL...

Your IS looked nice.

Sorry, this thread over there isn't worth it. Two faiths fighting each other. We don't want to evangelise ...

I always have a very arrogant smile on my face while driving my car..... cool car... very cool car ....

emuface.jpg

Will never sell it. Will look forward for a SC400 ....drivingskid.gif

Actually now starting to get a very positive responce now from the guys on the BMW forum. After now typing out the differences between the IS and the 3 series and adding a couple of pics of my old car a lot of them are actually starting to agree with my views. All in all they no, like it or not the IS200 offers a much superior package to the rediculously priced, no toys included bland 3 series. There are 3/4 hardcore BMW disciples who now seem to be quietly leaving the debate as they no they are fighting a losing battle and i am now becoming quite suprised that the majority seem to be prasing the Lexus range and actually running down there own Marque. It appears not all BMW drivers are :tsktsk: after all.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links