Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brake Discs

lexlex2

I had Pagid fronts and ADL rears fitted about a month ago :D

Have to admit I'm not 100% happy with the braking, took it to Lexus for them to bleed the system but it's still not as sharp as it used to be, I am happy however with the amount of brake dust put out on the rears, the ADL disk & Mintex combo is great for that, the fronts however are eating brake dust and it's everywhere after a few days :o

Seeing as the rear brakes don't do much of the work I can't honestly say how good they are at the front as the Pagid's on mine are doing most of the work!

Had my brakes (Discs & Pads) replaced today. The pads were very bad on drivers side nearly completely worn. The passenger side were also badly worn. The braking is now much firmer. Considerably more. Usual recommendation 200 miles for the pads to settle in. But one question on non-genuine (non lexus parts). The ADL disc was not an exact replica match. Although fully vented (although venting design different) but on the inner side there were no additional vents like on the ones replaced (similar to jet engine turbofans). I realize I have budgeted on costs but could this be a problem in any way.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Get the disc thickness measured. Minimum is 30mm, they are 32mm new. If they are 30.5 or less I would change them otherwise they would need changing before the pads need doing again.

You could also get the runout checked. That should be less than 0.05mm

Hi guys.

Was just reading this older thread and was wondering...As my front pads are low, I've just bought a set of front pads. Cost £60 inc VAT. But I was wondering what the new and minimum thicknesses are for the front discs. Mine are solid all round, I know that the 2004 models got ventillated fronts. I may aswell get those checked too while I'm doing the pads.

Thanks in advance :)

all years had ventilated discs even in 1999. From what I remember new thickness is 32mm wear limit is a thickness of 30mm.

Really ?! Mine came with solid fronts. The dealer even had to check the VIN cos he aid there were 2 slightly different types of front pads for the IS200. I was assuming that was due to the difference between non/ventilated...Hmmm now I really wanna check em hehe. If they need changing then vents are gonna have to be done all round ;)

all years had ventilated discs even in 1999. From what I remember new thickness is 32mm wear limit is a thickness of 30mm.

Really ?! Mine came with solid fronts. The dealer even had to check the VIN cos he aid there were 2 slightly different types of front pads for the IS200. I was assuming that was due to the difference between non/ventilated...Hmmm now I really wanna check em hehe. If they need changing then vents are gonna have to be done all round ;)

Something dodgy going on.... definitely should have Ventilated discs on the front! :ohmy:

Is this a Lexus dealer?

I don't know if it's possible but did the last owner put rear discs on the front by mistake?..... has to be a mistake as rear ones cost more usually .

Something dodgy going on.... definitely should have Ventilated discs on the front! :ohmy:

Is this a Lexus dealer?

I don't know if it's possible but did the last owner put rear discs on the front by mistake?..... has to be a mistake as rear ones cost more usually .

Interesting...Unless they had to change the original vent fronts but couldnt be bothered to pay the extra and got solids fitted. - My braking is excellent though. I might have to look further into this ...

Did you find out what was the story with those front "solid"discs yet.....

Out of interest how thick were they...... just thinking if they were rear disc thickness your pistons must have been way out to even make contact......

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links