Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help! Fitting Helix Clutch

marcus

Hi guys, i was going to get a mate to help me fit the "Helix Clutch" but he has just phoned me to say he can not help me fit it now :crybaby:

so it looks like i will have to do it, im ok with that! BUT, before i start is there anythink i should know "ie" when i take the old one out is there any bits i should keep and be refitted with the NEW! Clutch ;)

any HELP would be good, "ie" do's & dont's ............any tips on takeing the old one out & Fitting the new one would be good :whistling:

Thanks

Marcus....

everything in the kit should swap over with what is on eth car now....

BUT you need a clutch alignment tool or you may fook it up........

Dave

I have all the tools :D , just need a bit off info or tips, or things i should look out for when i fit the new clutch ;)

and keep the clip that comes of the thrush bearing have a good look at it the fitting of it a little fidley  good luck with those top 2 bolts on gearbox should be a lot of fun

thanks for that daza :D is that all i need to keep from the old one mate ;) is there anything else i should know about before hand, :whistling:

and keep the clip that comes of the thrush bearing have a good look at it the fitting of it a little fidley  good luck with those top 2 bolts on gearbox should be a lot of fun

thanks for that daza :D is that all i need to keep from the old one mate ;) is there anything else i should know about before hand, :whistling:

not realy pal as dave said all the rest is there a little grease on the thrush bearing plus with mine i took the cap off the brake cylinder and i had to bleed the clutch when i was done lovely clutch to use mate realy grips and gets the power in

just one :question:  was it hard work to replace the clutch Daza  ;) how long should it take!!

mate i cant realy answer that i had the engine out

but going on what i did like i said those top bolts will be a right pain

i would imagine get the engine on a jack drop the back end down as low as poss

long extension bar and if i remember right 17mm bolts may be 19mm

to be honest i dont mind rear wheel drive clutches split the prop shaft it will

all drop off

no bloody drive shafts and balljoints to split

one more thing get your car has high has you can you will be spending afew hours under there

just one :question:  was it hard work to replace the clutch Daza  ;) how long should it take!!

mate i cant realy answer that i had the engine out

but going on what i did like i said those top bolts will be a right pain

i would imagine get the engine on a jack drop the back end down as low as poss

long extension bar and if i remember right 17mm bolts may be 19mm

to be honest i dont mind rear wheel drive clutches split the prop shaft it will

all drop off

no bloody drive shafts and balljoints to split

one more thing get your car has high has you can you will be spending afew hours under there

Thanks for that daza :winky: thats alot off help mate ........... :whistling:

if i split the prop shaft from gearbox that way i can lower it to get to the 2 bolts at the top :yawn:

Can anyone think off anything else i should know about before i start this on friday ;)

@Matt, have you got any tips for me mate, as you must off done this 2 or 3 times in your time ...............or better still how about i come over yours :winky: :whistling: you know you want to help me mate :D

tips....hmmm

the top clip for the gearbox wireloom is a pain.....but it does come off

get the car as high as possible

have long ratchet extensions

friday......hmm, i would of helped, but im working all weekend sorting out some aspects of a huge firepower demo we have here

tips....hmmm

the top clip for the gearbox wireloom is a pain.....but it does come off

get the car as high as possible

have long ratchet extensions

friday......hmm, i would of helped, but im working all weekend sorting out some aspects of a huge firepower demo we have here

Thanks for that matt,

Looks like i will have to try and do it,

you say get the car as high as possible, how high!! ............has the car got to be before i can start to do the clutch ;)

Fly wheel aswell mate? :o

Good luck Marcus, hope you get it sorted for Santa Pod....

We dont want any excuses up that strip :P

Hi adie mate, yea i have alot off work to do! to try and get this all fitted before sunday ;) if had use off a Ramp i would do it and not think about it but as i dont........and im going to have to work off axle stands ;) its going to take me all day friday to do it ;) just makes it that more harder to do :crybaby:

yea i know what your saying adie............... im sick off makeing excuses for my car :blush: its time for me to put up or shut up :P and what better weekend is there to put it to the test...........at the Pod :winky:

I could have done with some help...................as my mate as let me down big/time :crybaby:

But i will be at the Pod sunday :winky:

Hi guys, well its like this............I fitted the clutch today and all went ok :D what a f:tsktsk:ing job that is, that will be my 1st and last time doing that :lol:

But on my way home......... it would not stay in 4 gear ;) so i went to put it into 5 and it would not go in :crying: i dont seem to have 5th any more :crybaby: what could it be..... :duh:

Please Please Help if you can.............................. :huh:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links