Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Good Price Tyres?

Nitmoi

I went to the local village garage/MOT/tyre fitters and got quotes tonight.

Pirelli P6000 225 60 R16 w £105.88 each inc. VAT fitting and balance

Dunlop equivalent £88.13 inc. VAT balance and fitting.

This was with no special discount, and I'd never been there before!

Other discounted prices I've checked have £125.00 P6000 and £100 for Dunlop.

Sometimes it pays to shop local!

Just to slightly change the subject a bit - but have you seen the Kumho tyres that produce either a red or blue coloured smoke from the tyres when drifting or doing such things as burnouts or donuts ? They're not up for sale yet, but could be fun. Although I expect the price of the tyre and the amount of times they're replaced would mount up to quite alot :lol:

Mate of mine told me he could get 19" tyres at trade price!

He came back with a price of £165 inc vat for 235/35/19 for the cheapest tyre available.

I then checked the price from the local place I usually use and they sorted me with two Nankang tyres (235/35/19) for £89+vat each. they are not a very well known tyre but they are Y rated which is 160mph+ :ohmy:

They look fairly competent but I haven't got them on the road yet so time will tell.

Mate of mine told me he could get 19" tyres at trade price!

He came back with a price of £165 inc vat for 235/35/19 for the cheapest tyre available.

I then checked the price from the local place I usually use and they sorted me with two Nankang tyres (235/35/19) for £89+vat each. they are not a very well known tyre but they are Y rated which is 160mph+ :ohmy:

They look fairly competent but I haven't got them on the road yet so time will tell.

A few members here (including me) have had Nankangs on their cars, personally I found them to be noisey and lacking in grip in the wet

at the moment i got falkens all round on mine, untill i change on to the rims i bought from gsportscars, but i had them fitted to standard is rims for 110 quid fitted and balanced a pair from express tyres lockerbie(one of the main importers of falkens in the uk ), where mitchelldeva tyres in hampshire was quoting just short that each for the 17s for the same tyre

Thanks Matt, I couldn't get it open before I see now it ends in an I not a 1. Now I got it.

Works out about the same if there is VAT to pay (not clear on that).

I got a tel. no for used tyres. I do not know anything about them but they had a very smart new van.

01977 670680

I just got it off the side of their tidy sign painted van on the M11 :)

Why not take a look at Eagle F1's? I've got them on the Aristo and they are MUCH better than the Continental ContiSportContact that were on there previously but only in the rain. In the dry they are equal, although the sidewall is pretty weak compared to the Continentals.

I picked up a pair of Eagle F1's for £210 including fitting.

this gold discount gets you EXCELLENT prices

cant find the Dunlop Sp 9000 on there

Why not take a look at Eagle F1's? I've got them on the Aristo and they are MUCH better than the Continental ContiSportContact that were on there previously but only in the rain. In the dry they are equal, although the sidewall is pretty weak compared to the Continentals.

I picked up a pair of Eagle F1's for £210 including fitting.

cant find these too

Got it done the Pirelli 225 60 R16

2 off, fitted, balanced.

The guy spent 10 mins prepping the rims re. chipped lacquer. He was very carefull re. not causing any damage.

Torqued and correctly inflated and asked what pressure I preferred.

Total price inc. next day delivery charge of tyres to depot inc. vat £211.03 (£105.51 each)

Somersham Cambs. PE28 3JA

Cole and Day

tel. 01487 741000

Is that good?

It was convenient and they do a good, fair MOT and excellent tracking on my VW campervan.