Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Big cars do not seem to be selling well at the moment. I have a 2002 02 LS430 with around 43k on the clock. Been advertising it on autotrader and have slowly dropped the price down to 23.5K. Considering what main dealers are advertising them at, I thought this was very good price. Apart from a few silly offers, no real response. I would welcome any suggestions as to what is a reasonable asking price for what is an excellent car.

I think its this time of year aswell mate which does no help car sales. Car sales in general have been slidding for sometime now. As for a reasonable price im sure some other members will be along shortly to offer advice. Have you asked a dealer what they would give you for it?

Big cars do not seem to be selling well at the moment. I have a 2002 02 LS430 with around 43k on the clock. Been advertising it on autotrader and have slowly dropped the price down to 23.5K. Considering what main dealers are advertising them at, I thought this was very good price. Apart from a few silly offers, no real response. I would welcome any suggestions as to what is a reasonable asking price for what is an excellent car.

The last one I saw in the trade was going for offers around £19K. This was for an 01/51 model with 68,000 miles. That makes your private sale price of £23.5k pretty reasonable for an 02 model with 43,000 miles in my opinion. However, buyers for this kind of car are thin on the ground so you might have to sell it at a bargain price. Be very hard with whatever you are buying to take its place though. You don't want to sell cheap and buy dear!

You can get a similar age/mileage one from a Lexus dealer right now for 26k, obviously with a Lexus warranty. Although there's obviously a large premium to be paid buying that way rather than privately, I would think 23.5k is too close to main dealer prices.

Look at the completed sales on eBay for the last little while - last one that sold there was a 2001 model with only 30k on it, and that went for a mere £17101. (I had a bid on it!). There are two more 01 models on there now at nearer 18k and no interest - both been relisted over and over - so you might be looking at nearer 20k based on that.

Thanks for all the advice. I have dropped the price by 1K, if it does not sell at this, I shall just keep it. After all if you lose so much money in selling, it kind of offsets the lower running costs of a smaller vehicle. Anyway I would probably only buy another one at a later date, as I usually do. Rather suprised at main dealers dropping their prices, last time I checked they were going at around 28-29k.