Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Been 'done' For 94mph

The Editor

It was explained to me a while ago that the cameras you see on the overhead bridges and by the side of the road are active all the time as you say even if no film inside. the laser only picks up the signal sent out when the unit is activated by a speeding unit so if someone is in front and activates it then the laser detector will go off or if a hand held radar is being used the detector will alarm, but if you are the only car on the road at nite the detector will not go off untill you activate it which is too late and all you can do is  :D  for your photo.  This was how it was explained to me but I stand to be corrected if this is wrong  :huh:

This is certainly not true within the UK, but may be so on teh continent where they might want to invoke some randomness or reduce film processing by only enforcing every other car for example. So you could be right, just not within the UK :)

It was explained to me a while ago that the cameras you see on the overhead bridges and by the side of the road are active all the time as you say even if no film inside. the laser only picks up the signal sent out when the unit is activated by a speeding unit so if someone is in front and activates it then the laser detector will go off or if a hand held radar is being used the detector will alarm, but if you are the only car on the road at nite the detector will not go off untill you activate it which is too late and all you can do is  :D  for your photo.  This was how it was explained to me but I stand to be corrected if this is wrong  :huh:

The device (laser, radar, whatever) HAS to be active to detect a speeding vehicle - the problem is, particularly with laser which has very little scatter/spread, it has to be aimed in your direction for your detector to pick it up. Obviously if it's aimed in your direction and you're the only one there, then you are the target.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links