Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Physios Here?

TheDon

Right im realy getting hacked off now, this is the second time in a month that i have dislocated my left shoulder!!

slipped on something reached out to grab a rail and it just went "pop" but seeing as its about the 9th time its dislocated it went back in without any trouble.

I had an operation done in september 2002 to shortern the liganments etc at the top to try and hold it in, but this appears to be wearing off!

thing is its been keeping me away from the gym for the past 7 months as i have dislocated it 4 times in that period and the pain takes days to go and weeks to recover.

today the blody thing is moving in the socket as i walk, so not too happy.

is there anything i can do? i have tried all those "theraband" things and dont fancy going under the knife again.

am gonna go hospital today so that i can still come to the Jap show on sunday though!

Gonna try and convince them to give me a cotizone injection, that stuff is the nuts!

My daughter did the same. She was in agony. She had to have an MRI scan which would have taken an 18 mth wait under NHS. I drove her to Brighton where she had a private scan which cost £900. This was seen by the NHS consultant who said that she need not have an op but special physio sessions which she is now undertaking. Without the MRI scan in which a special dye is injected into the shoulder the consultant would have been unable to have made the correct diagnosis.

ok matey,

basically, although a cortisone injection will help the healing process, it may not be beneficial to you in the long run. cortisone is a steroid and is therefore often only used as a last result (before surgery) and it is for this reason that many medics say that more than 2-3 cortisone injections in a localised area is detremental to the body!

what you really need to try and do is adopt a technique known as RICE: Rest, Ice, Compression & Elevation. its kinda self explanatory. the theory behind this stems from research into tendonous & ligamentous stress in the knee (cruciate and medial colatteral ligaments, etc). as with all injuries, isolating the joint and resting is the immediate key!

as far as pain relief goes, ibuprofen coupled alongside something like co-codamol should help!!

initially, try to avoid the cortisone if you can.

hope this is of some help to you.

rob

If you want I've got Physiotherapy next week for my dislocated Patella (knee-cap), I could maybe ask my physio to give some sort of excercises or something or suggestions if you want :).

Since I hardly get a chance to come on here as of recent, just give me an email on Mitulparmar787@hotmail.com, if you want me to ask :).

cheers guys, went to hospital yesterday and they said i have torn and stretched all the bits that are holding my shoulder in.

Only fix is to go under the knife!!!!! (again)

the have to shortern n stuff all the bits up there

Steffi says that she thinks thats good...................

it will match the stuff down there then

yeah, had the other bit shortned last year, there was a bit too much....

Steffi says that she thinks thats good...................

it will match the stuff down there then

yeah, had the other bit shortned last year, there was a bit too much....

LOL, thats what I like about the LOC, friendly p*i*ss taking :D and banter :P

am seeing my consultant at 10.30am tomorrow, he is the guy who operated on me in 2002.

Its amazing though, to see him on the NHS would have taken over 2 -3 months..... but to see him private was next day!!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links