Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Engine Swap With Aristo Tt

Its not that expensive a job if you do the work yourself. Pick up an aristo or supra turbo engine (they are both 2JZ-GTE engines) with turbos, downpipes and all ancilliaries for in the region of £1500 (get them in a crate from Japan for about £900 if you can be bothered with the hassle), a 2JZ-GTE engine management ecu, the loom to go in between and you are away. It will plonk straight in as the 2JZ-GE lumps bottom end and mounts are identical. Thing is I'd look at changing the transmission as well and upgrading to the better TT's box (about £500) drive train including the LSD (trust me you'll need an LSD with that power). You'll also need an intercooler and pipework not sure of the availability or configuration of aristo intercoolers but the one on the supra is a side mount.

Or as the guys say sell the 300 and buy an aristo. Unlike supes there seems to be a lot of aristo's left in Japan still.

Its not that expensive a job if you do the work yourself. Pick up an aristo or supra turbo engine (they are both 2JZ-GTE engines) with turbos, downpipes and all ancilliaries for in the region of £1500 (get them in a crate from Japan for about £900 if you can be bothered with the hassle), a 2JZ-GTE engine management ecu, the loom to go in between and you are away. It will plonk straight in as the 2JZ-GE lumps bottom end and mounts are identical. Thing is I'd look at changing the transmission as well and upgrading to the better TT's box (about £500) drive train including the LSD (trust me you'll need an LSD with that power). You'll also need an intercooler and pipework not sure of the availability or configuration of aristo intercoolers but the one on the supra is a side mount.

Or as the guys say sell the 300 and buy an aristo. Unlike supes there seems to be a lot of aristo's left in Japan still.

:) thanks alot

• 1 year later...

:) thanks alot

hi a quick question, im thinking of installing a turbo bolt on kit on my 2jzge which consists of a turbo manifold, t4 turbo, and all pipes.

i will have to remap/adjust ECU to accept boost

drill holes in sump to link oil to turbo/ take oil sump off 2jzgte

get a oil cooler

get intercooler

install better brakes

but what i really need to know if the 4 speed auto transmission will work and upto what stage of BHP could it handle.

im thinking of installing the intercooler, oil cooler and transmission later on and to run the car on low boost until i can get more funding.

oh yeah will the boost work without changing the head gasket to compensate the compression ratio gs300 is at 10:1 and aristo is at 8.5:1

im new to turbos so i just need advice(using alittle logic ive made the above list) and if there is a good turbo conversion mechanic in the manchester region that would just charge labour.