Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tte Coilovers

Niraj

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've noticed the damaging camber on the rear wheels, and it's quite worrying :( there is no chance for recovery on the rear, well, at least, i dont think there is!

I don't understand why the camber is so much compared to others i've seen?!?! The boot is empty and the car had only half a tank of fuel :(

Looking good mate, defo looks better lowered.

You got some serious neg camber by the look of it. Need a geom done.

oh..oh...oh.. me, me, me :D

Hehehe, Tony, i'll be there to see you in a week or so... But i thought we were going to wait till i get my new wheels?

I've noticed the damaging camber on the rear wheels, and it's quite worrying :( there is no chance for recovery on the rear, well, at least, i dont think there is!

I don't understand why the camber is so much compared to others i've seen?!?! The boot is empty and the car had only half a tank of fuel :(

I'm lowered about the same as you (-50mm) and the Dr got my geom sorted out :D

Yeah when I put the TTE's on mine the rear camber was horrendous - it was plainly obvious the back wheels were like / \ when viewed from the rear of the car, it was recovered as much as the adjusters on the car would allow but it's still visibly out - if you're ever at any of the shows check out the state of the BMW M Coupe drift car as that has mental camber issues, but it's better for drifting I think?

So what alloys did you go for?

I wish i could recover my rear camber, there must be a way?

My camber adjusters are maxed out and the camber is about neg 1 1/2 degrees on both sides.

Your so low that there is now no way to get it back I would say.

I've not got my alloys yet Aido... had been looking around for some... saw the ones shown below in 20x7.5... i actually like the style, so may go for these eventually but in a smaller size... the inside edge is almost the platinum colour and the polished edge looks real class. slightly deep dished for a 7.5" rim.

I think next month's mod will have to be the anti-roll bar kit, everyday i hear more and more recommendations towards it. So i may have to go down that road, and invest in them.

How long do your rear tyres last with the sort of camber i've got on mine? (approximately)

Have you got a side pic of the car mate so we can see how physically bad it is now?

I shredded a set of tyres within 500 miles when the car was initially dropped, they were on the way out anyway but the totally naff camber chewed the rest up quicker than I could believe :o

Really would be wise to get her in quick for a geo to minimise damage to the tyres.

My current set are going well after 8000miles - thread is down to 4 and 5 mm on the back tyres with pretty even wear across them :) That's on a set of Toyo T1-S tyres which aren't that hard wearing anyway to be honest - the previous set was chewed up in 5000 miles so I'm doing well :lol:

Those are very nice alloys pal :D

You'll appreciate the anti-rolls a lot - very good kit for the car - you'll be thanking us for the good tip afterwards, much better than the strut brace :lol: We'll all tell you the best way to spend your money :P

i'm off outside in a bit, to go and check the wear on my rear tyres...

i know before the drop, they were wearing evenly... so i'll keep an eye on them... a little worried about it too :( i'll take a pic of the camber so Tony and you guys can take a look while it's still needing a geom.

the more i look at the alloys, i really do like them, but don't know if i want to splash out, just as it's approaching winter... (if ya know what i mean :whistling: )

back shortly with some pics :D stay tuned...

I wish i could recover my rear camber, there must be a way?

My camber adjusters are maxed out and the camber is about neg 1 1/2 degrees on both sides.

Your so low that there is now no way to get it back I would say.

There aren't any possible means of after market parts to recover it, at all?

I better get the OE wheels on soon, £250 a corner at the back :crybaby:

I've not got my alloys yet Aido... had been looking around for some... saw the ones shown below in 20x7.5... i actually like the style, so may go for these eventually but in a smaller size... the inside edge is almost the platinum colour and the polished edge looks real class. slightly deep dished for a 7.5" rim.

s012.jpg

I think next month's mod will have to be the anti-roll bar kit, everyday i hear more and more recommendations towards it. So i may have to go down that road, and invest in them.

How long do your rear tyres last with the sort of camber i've got on mine? (approximately)

Got a freind down in Aus with similar wheels on his Altezza, 20s....

Pics aren't great

ARB did nothing to improve the handling on my car. Although i do have Apexi coilovers, somewhat diff to the TTEs

Looking good mate, defo looks better lowered.

You got some serious neg camber by the look of it. Need a geom done.

oh..oh...oh.. me, me, me :D

Hehehe, Tony, i'll be there to see you in a week or so... But i thought we were going to wait till i get my new wheels?

Can't wait.... let me do it anyway :D ......

no no, not mounted... just leaning beside...

this was before i lowered the car.

Any full side photo's of the Altezza with these rims?

Aha.

i'll get you some this week mate.

• 2 months later...

Sorry for digging up an old thread... but i need some help... Hopefully Mat will be able to answer this for me???

In the TTE coilover kit, i received 4 springs.

Are the spring rates on these different for front and back? If so, how do i tell... they all looked visually the same to me :unsure:

:) That's my question :)

Was just on the phone with Flojvian, from TTE Germany.

My german isn't great, but his advice offered that the spring rates for the front & rear springs are different.

They will be marked TTE-VA for the front

and TTE-HR for the rear.

Can someone please confirm this for me...? ...anyone? :unsure:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links