Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rx Mk2 Alloys

:ohmy: Quick question regarding the corrosion of mk2 alloy wheels- Mine are starting to show rust on the central disc by the lexus logo on the middle of each wheel. Does this allow me to get the whole wheels replaced under the warranty, or does the rust have to be on a larger scale on the alloy itself. Some advice would be very helpful- as i have read that quite a few LOC members have had alloys replaced on the warranty due to rust!!! Cheers

Personally I get them replaced as soon as the corrosion appears, the way I look at it they may be more inclined to deal with this issue if it becomes a real big headache for them. Corrosion on a £35k car after a few months is not acceptable whatever the weather :angry:

As you may have gathered I have suffered this many, many, many times

I had the same issue on my MR2 roadster...it was a 2001 Y plate, very disappointed that I'll be probably be going through same on RX300. My father also went through a set of RAV4 alloys a couple of years back so guessing they are not trying to correct issue as it appears to happen again and again on all...........

I washed my car weekly...as I did on my MR2 and it still happened so don't believe it is a lack of care. Not washing off salt in winter will probably accelerate things and just make them bubble quicker.

And lets face facts, it is not rocket science...manufacturers should just get a thicker coating so that it never happens no matter how often you wash the car.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links