Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgrading My Phone...

kam05

As topic title,

Basically, I'm looking to upgrade my phone, possibly to a Motorola V3, any LOC'ers use this phone?

What are you opinions on this phone?, as I have read mix views on this phone, some good, some bad

I have always had Nokias, so I want something different this time

Cheers

The V3 is a real basic handset. What you would call an iconic phone, its a stylish phone. Basic camera with no video capture. Battery life is ok considering the large display and small Battery.

In terms of use, Nokia is still the easiest, whilst Motorola's aren't hard to use they are not as fluent as other Manufactures. SonyEricsson are making great handsets which are easy to adapt to, Samsungs are also very easy to use.

Have a good fiddle with one before comminting as most upgrades can't be reversed so to speak.

On a plus note, the V3 does have the second advanced Bluetooth feature, thus meaning within a 100 metre radius.

Hope this helps but feel free to ask any specific question on phones.

Kaz. :D

Nicce phone but are not robust. I have had 3 of them in 4 months - my boss has also had 3 in 4 months, my colleague sitting opposite me is on her 2nd in 3 months.

Problems

1/ Hinge on the flip broke

2/ Charging jack broke

3/ - one I am on now - regularly turns itself off and then on again.

Good point, although ive sold lots of these handsets, specialy with the introduciton of the sleek black. We have had some issues with these but no more so than any other handset we sell alot of.

Got to remmber that the more you sell of an item the more likely it is they will go wrong. Motorola have good cusotmer service though.

My mum, brother and Sister all have the Black ones and have been very chuffed with them. 4 months gone and no problems just yet...... :P

Fingers crossed they won't as its me who will bear the brunt of their despair :lol:

The V3 is a real basic handset. What you would call an iconic phone, its a stylish phone. Basic camera with no video capture. Battery life is ok considering the large display and small battery.

In terms of use, Nokia is still the easiest, whilst Motorola's aren't hard to use they are not as fluent as other Manufactures. SonyEricsson are making great handsets which are easy to adapt to, Samsungs are also very easy to use.

Have a good fiddle with one before comminting as most upgrades can't be reversed so to speak.

On a plus note, the V3 does have the second advanced bluetooth feature, thus meaning within a 100 metre radius.

Kaz.  :D

Kaz... I'm looking to upgrade mine in the next week or so..Whats a decent phone? With a good camera as i dont have a digital camera?

Thanks for the input guys

I'm after a basic phone, all I want to do is make/recieve calls and send text messages. I'm not fussed about built-in cameras etc

What's a good alternative to the V3 then?

The V3 is a real basic handset. What you would call an iconic phone, its a stylish phone. Basic camera with no video capture. Battery life is ok considering the large display and small battery.

On a plus note, the V3 does have the second advanced bluetooth feature, thus meaning within a 100 metre radius.

Kaz... I'm looking to upgrade mine in the next week or so..Whats a decent phone? With a good camera as i dont have a digital camera?

Has to be the Sony Ericsson K750i/W800i or the new Samsung D600. SonyEricsson gets my vote though mate. What network you on mate? Maybe I could sort out the upgrade for you...... :winky: :winky:

I'm after a basic phone, all I want to do is make/recieve calls and send text messages.  I'm not fussed about built-in cameras etc

Know you wanted to stray from Nokia but the Nokia 6230i is a great all round handset. Don't get me wrong the V3's are good basic phones.

Has to be the Sony Ericsson K750i/W800i or the new Samsung D600. SonyEricsson gets my vote though mate. What network you on mate? Maybe I could sort out the upgrade for you...... :winky: :winky:

With Vodafone mate. But might **** them off as they seem to be expensive. would like to keep the same no. though.. If its possible mate..give me PM :winky:

I'm after a basic phone, all I want to do is make/recieve calls and send text messages.  I'm not fussed about built-in cameras etc

Know you wanted to stray from Nokia but the Nokia 6230i is a great all round handset. Don't get me wrong the V3's are good basic phones.

I have a 6230i and its sooooo slow, freezes up all the time too. I would reccommend the normal 6230 if you are going for Nokia.

In the last 14 months I've had:

Nokia 6310- good but bland

M'rola v545- worst phone I' have had, ever- lost calls, lost messages

SE K700- Good little phone, well featured and small

V3 Black- excellent- small, lightweight, sync with outlook, got video on it.

I have heard it is easy to break the screens, but I was told it was mainly people putting them in their back pockets and sitting on them- they are tough, but not indestructable!

my brother was on the phone orange the other day about an upgrade, and they said this was the phone of the moment. they said to ring next week, it should be available :)

Mmmm, that looks promising :shifty:

Had the Sony Ericsson S700i recently - good phone but a bit too bulky. Changed it for a Sony Ericsson K750i - excellent phone. 2 Mega-pixel camera takes good pics, Bluetooth is good, nice looking black and compact, Battery life is good, plays Mp3's and has video capture. Best phone i've had so far. My m8 has the Sony Ericsson W800i (walkman phone) and says it is very good too, similar features to K750i and is silver and orange.

2p worth for you :D

Chris

:driving:

I have had my V3 almost a year now, found it to be generally ok, don't like the menu system much, prefer the functionality of the Sony Ericssons I think. Got to be a K750 or W800 for me next. The main screen failed on my V3, but Motorola were very good, had it back fixed in a week. I think its all releative to what you want from a phone, as others have mentioned.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links