Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think it's just the rest of the car is so quiet. The dunlops are specific for the car and have a good noise level. I suspect others will be noisier but have no experience. The important thing would be to look at the tread type you will want a linear cut not a block tread.

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone have any views on which replacement tyres to buy for my 2001 LS 430?

I want the quietest possible as I am not that impressed with the Dunlop originals.

I couldn't get the original Dunlop's for 2 weeks so have 'tried' a set of Michelins. They have totally transformed the handling! The car is firmer but nearly as quiet (a bit like the sport suspension setting) and corners like it is on rails!

It feels like a Lexus BMW!

If anyone likes 'sporty' handling with the Lexus luxury these are the tyres.

• 3 weeks later...

i have a 03 LS 430, and my dunlops came flatspotted and a bit noisy. For this i had the dealer replace them free of charge, now i have michelin's which i agree, are better handling, smoother, and mine seem quieter. BTW, Toyota of america also gave me 800 dollar credit towards snowtires (i live in NY) because i previously had a brand new ES which had tranny problems within 500 miles :blink: not something i would expect from lexus. That also turned me down because it was my first lexus, so i just spent the money on the LS, and that came with the bad dunlops. Just my luck i guess. Well anyway, go for a pair of michelins, those are nice

• 4 weeks later...

B) I have a 2002 LS 430 with 6K miles and have the same Dunlop 225-55/17 SP270's which run flat spots initially, but after 5 minutes are gone. The wheels and tires are boring, but quiet. I traded my BMW 740 iL in and enjoyed the wider wheels and Continental Conti 235/60R-16 tires very much. They were quiet and gripped like steel, even in the wet. Does anyone know what an upgrade to the GS430 235/45R-17 wheels and tires would do to the noise and ride of the LS 430 B) ?

• 4 weeks later...

I have the '02 LS 430 and, as you know, the '02 has 16in. wheels, whereas the '03 comes std. w/ 17inchers. That in itself will make a difference. Officially, Lexus says that you can go from the 16 to 17 by changing the tires as follows:

The 17" wheels and tires are an option for your vehicle. The information for the 17" wheels are as follows:

7.5" Width

JJ Flange Type

45 mm Offset

114 mm Bolt Pattern

M12 x 1.5 Wheel Fastener Size

Recommended tire profile size is 55.

The quality of the ride for the 17" wheels will vary from driver to driver. We recommend that you test drive a like vehicle with the 17" wheels before considering upgrading.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm a little confused. LS430 all have 17" rims and then 18" became an option in the accessory list last year. (LS400 were 16" with 17" on the dynamic handling pack wheel) I have the 18" with Pirelli P Zero's, they are not the quitest tyres on the road but my traction control is redundant, even flooring it at traffic lights in the pouring rain, the tyres just don't loose grip.

• 3 weeks later...

I have 18" moda rims with nokian wr tires and these things are great during winter and summer. The handling is pretty good but I really can't compare b/c a few days after getting the car I changed the tires. The noise isn't even bad, now my mom's car a gs 400 the tire noise is horrible. But i think that is just how the car was designed.