Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just spotted a very nice beige S3 on Ebay; just like mine with the gold badging option, but I noticed the little plastic wheel trim covers had a gold logo whereas they're silver on mine, despite mine being a gold badger.

Should mine be gold or has someone swapped them at some point?

Also, my car has only 55k on it despite being pretty old now; presumably then it's still covered by the manufacturer's 3yr/60,000mile warranty...?

Incidentally, I'm enjoying P506TGN no end and always seem to take the long way home in order to spend more time in it...sad or what?!

Graham

Just spotted a very nice beige S3 on Ebay; just like mine with the gold badging option, but I noticed the little plastic wheel trim covers had a gold logo whereas they're silver on mine, despite mine being a gold badger.

Should mine be gold or has someone swapped them at some point?

Also, my car has only 55k on it despite being pretty old now; presumably then it's still covered by the manufacturer's 3yr/60,000mile warranty...?

Incidentally, I'm enjoying P506TGN no end and always seem to take the long way home in order to spend more time in it...sad or what?!

Graham

Graham.

Lexus dont make a "gold badge" edition - people simply change the badges over themselves mate.

Sounds like the owner of the car you saw has changed the wheel trim covers, as well as the car badges.

Graham

Glad your enjoying your LS,its good to give the car abit of a run.

Take no notice of Mr Morses S3 comments..S3 or mk3 we know what model you mean...so much for help full comments :shifty:

Thanks for the replies, Morse excluded. I didn't understand his reply anyway and assumed he'd been smoking something dodgy. Guess that's all there is to do in downtown Ashby-de-la-zouch eh?! :D

Matthew, in my Jan 1995 LS400 brochure, in the Accessories section, it has listed the following option, and I quote:

"Gold badging - the final touch that typifies the luxury status of Lexus"

...so I have to disagree with you about people retro-fitting gold badges. This was indeed a factory fitted option.

I checked my oil the other day and it was like clear golden pi$$. Anyone know what oil the dealers use at service times? Synthetic? Semi-synthetic or what? I'm curious.

Cheers

Graham

Dear Graham from Stokie....

Get outside more pal....

I do not use narcotics, with the exception of skunk, charles and horse. Only at weekends though.

Are you so thick that you don't know when you are having the peee taken?

You bellend

Get outside more pal....

I do not use narcotics, with the exception of skunk, charles and horse. Only at weekends though.

You bellend

Well what a Great way to welcome a new forum member with all your useful comments :rolleyes: Great way to promote this club :whistling:

Get outside more pal....

You bellend

It's hard to get irony and a smile over in print, ain't it? :)

Let's keep thuis all nice and friendly tho? B) (And any spare crumbly brown weed always welcome at......)