Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Porter Cable Polisher 120v For The Uk?

Hello all

got one of the Porter Cable polishers from Autopia, delivered today, but its got a US plug on it and specifies 120V.

Do I need to buy a transformer to operate the polisher or do I need to cut the plug off and replace.

Really hoping I haven't got to send it back and ask for a UK 240V model. Ouch

cheers

Paul

You'll need to order a 110v transfrormer, an extension cable and plugs:

Here are the part numbers to get these from Screwfix:

Part Description Qty Price GBP

----------------------------------------------------------------------

73851 750VA Portable Power Tool Transform 1 34.99

16691 110V 14 Metre Lead 16 A 1 9.95

19947 110V Accessories Plug 1 1.20

What sort of money are they coming in at these days?

did you get one of the kits with the foam pads and bonnet etc?

I know these questions don't really help your situation but I couldn't find the discounts

What sort of money are they coming in at these days?

did you get one of the kits with the foam pads and bonnet etc?

I know these questions don't really help your situation but I couldn't find the discounts

Got mine about 3 weeks back SFX PADS etc for about £112 delivered.

At the time it was through the group buy and got 20% discount.

Mine was $246.95 with delivery so that's about £140 I suppose. I didn't make it in time for the group buy but they were doing an offer on a kit so for £140 it came with some pads and a bottle of anti swirl polish.

I did use the Halfords 240V polisher on my car and it was a big improvement on hand polishing (mainly as on a GS you get knackered after a couple of wings or a bonnet).

Went for this as I'm becoming a bit of an anorak but I can't plug the new toy in. I might get it back out of the box and polish it.

Anybody know of a good source for the sonus or Meguiars waxes and polishes etc.

Or would it be a case of ordering of Autopia again.

Was thinking of ordering the perfect shine kit off them, has anybody used this kit at all.

Gave the car the once over today for the first time with the pc and the bottle of Sonus sfx2 which came with it and was blown away at the result , things can only get better as i get use to using it.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links