Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Stereo - Err3

On the odd occasion, I get this error displayed on the screen of the radio on my IS200. It's usually when trying to play a CD, and only ever happens if that CD is located in slot #6. If I turn the ignition off and leave it sit for about 5 minutes or so, it works fine.

Is this a symptom of "jamming" as mentioned on another thread, or is it something else more sinister? Or is it just that the rack and changer mechanism needs a bit of cleaning? I don't think the unit has ever been removed since I bought the car from new in 2001, and since I'm a heavy smoker (even though I smoke much less in the car than I used to), there's a chance that the smoke, dust, and general gunk might have clogged up the mouse-wheels a little (just a suspicion?)

Cheers,

Leland

Lexus extended the warranty to 5 years for ERR 3 don't think it only applied to non-smokers :hehe:

Seriously, as the car is under 5 years old take it ti any Lexus dealer and they should replace it :D

Lexus extended the warranty to 5 years for ERR 3 don't think it only applied to non-smokers :hehe:

Seriously, as the car is under 5 years old take it ti any Lexus dealer and they should replace it :D

Does it matter that I can't reproduce the fault every time? It seems to happen only occasionally, but when it does it's a nuisance because it's just when I'm cheesed off with Radio 4 and wanting to put on some nice relaxing Vicente Amigo or something ;) Don't really want to show up at a Lexus garage asking them to fix it if they sit there all day playing with it and it doesn't exhibit the fault.

Leland

Does it matter that I can't reproduce the fault every time? It seems to happen only occasionally, but when it does it's a nuisance because it's just when I'm cheesed off with Radio 4 and wanting to put on some nice relaxing Vicente Amigo or something ;) Don't really want to show up at a Lexus garage asking them to fix it if they sit there all day playing with it and it doesn't exhibit the fault.

Leland

Mine ate 8 cd's once i thought i was gonna have to fork out the money till i fiddled around and then got angry and smacked the bloody thing, and hey presto the last 3 cd's in the player popped out. now i use the thing very gently and dont press lots of buttons at once.

Shud be ok if u treat them right i suppose. the only thing that smokings gonna do is make u stop working not the car :crying:

I didn't actually do a search for ERR3 as I didn't really think that the problem would be as common as it turns out. Having already done extensive searching on the internet for this about a year or so ago (long before I found this group), I didn't search the forums again, having not come up with anything previously.

Apologies for bringing it up if it's already been mentioned on the forums though.

Leland