Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cable/satellite/sky On Your Pc?

Rob

my mate asked me about this earlier so i had a look n the net and found quite a lot of companies offering tv/satellite thru the pc, many also offer some SKY channels - i think its just a scam.

has anyone tried this???

Its possible, I have a TV tuner card that can accept cable TV signals, the free to air channels tune in and show just fine.

The scrambled signals require a CAM (card access module) and a subscription to the cable co for a card. or you can go underground and get a software alternative (but thats naughty). so im quite sure you can get sky using a satalite card just the same.

forget it

sky uses a system called NDS which is (trust me) on satellite untouchable, weve been trying for years, it uses a different approach than the normal, encryption

i have tried pc cards, (soft cams work but not on sky)

Bret if u want "free" tv give me a shout

oh and its conditional access module

ive been doing this since the old days of filmnet (dmac) trust me i kno what im on about

you lot play with lexus (i drive one ) i do encription systems

Steve

If you use the Dragon CAM with a geniune Sky card it should work. Not tried it yet, but its certainly something I want to get working for my Media PC project. You have to remember to note the serial number of the sky card or something when its in the genuine sky box, and enter it manually on the software on the PC. I was reading up on it a couple of weeks ago, will see if I can find the link

pppstream, ppplive and a few others.. mostly re-broadcasted S k y or similar... ESPN Star (Hong Kong) carries the prem-plus matches with S k y comentary for example... these are based on a p 2 p system (like bit t o r r e n t)

Some existing TV cards also provide IPTV for streaming multimedia around you house as well.

Nice shoot down there ahmet but im not a postie

"my mate asked me about this earlier so i had a look n the net and found quite a lot of companies offering tv/satellite thru the pc, many also offer some SKY channels - i think its just a scam.

has anyone tried this???"

If you get a satellite card connected, and the proper software, along with a dish preferably a motorised one you can get satellite tv, as for sky i very much doubt it, some sky channels maybe the fta stuff you get on 28 east

i thought about this idea myself then plumed for a satellite receiver

bought a dreambox 7000s a 1.8m dish (size matters) :) allthought a 80cm is ok using keys on the net and the emulators you will be OK

their is one way to get sky on a BD and thats using cardshare, but this is a very close nit thing

*just to reply to the start post*