Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitted Kenwood Doubledin Headunit

Ok, well I spent all of Sunday afternoon with Alex (Ukazn) while he worked on fitting my new Kenwood Double DIN DVD headunit for me!

What can I say....I'm well chuffed!! :D Alex was able to fit everything with mimimum removal and alteration of the standard setup. Everything was done super tidy and hidden away nicely!! The standard speakers are being driven really well by the Kenwood and this bit was surprising, should tide me over till I save up for some replacements. Currrently, I am just running the woofers in the rear speakers because of the difference in the Ohms, but it actually sounds really good!

Alex even sent me on my way with a free DVD full of 50 Cent music videos which was ace!! Just had to be careful not to be distracted by the video part! :lol:

It's nice when somebody works on your car and takes care of it in the same way that you would!!

I did actually contribute to the work, albeit minimal :D, by getting the Double DIN fasica plate and headunit mounted in the dash properly!

Thanks again for everything mate!! :D :D

P.S. I know I know...i'll get some pictures when I pop down to my car a bit later.

P.S.S. By the way Ahmet, no more burning smells in the car! :shifty::lol:

:D Nice one Ahmet...thank you for that!

Perhaps you can all see from the screen captures why I may have been distracted while driving! :lol::lol:

I think it really looks the part and not out of place at all in the dash! B)

Perhaps you can all see from the screen captures why I may have been distracted while driving!  :lol:  :lol:

Though, I'm sure Alex would have wired the earth in it's correct place ......... hence leaving you the only option to view the screen when you are stationary ;) :whistling:

How is the sound affected with the removal of the oem amp and headunit? What wattage output is the Kenny? What does it do? Single slot DVD/cd + tuner?

It's a single slot DVD player.

It actually looks better in real life ........... does look great !

It has many AUX inputs too .... so I think a CARPUTER install should be on it's way ..... :shifty:

The kenny has a 50W x 4 outputs to the speakers and it has 3 x 5V preamp outputs so should pretty good when all amped up. The standard speakers sounds good too with the 50W going through them.

I think Neil said that they sounded a lot more beefier than before running off the oem amp.

Cheers for the comments guys. B)

Yep...the sound from the standard speakers was much better when the Kenwood was hooked up...a lot more kick on the bass! I was quiet surprised! :)

It's actually the DDX6027, I was going to go for the DDX8027 but I really could warrent the extra spending...plus like Ahmet says it has a shed load of connectors for extra screens, amps, subs, XBOX, reverse camera..etc etc....so future plans are being planned! :D

If anyone is thinking about one I would highly recommend it!! :)

Also another great thing about this headunit is that not only does it play DVD's it plays mpg files too. Which means you can get approx. 100 music vids on one DVDR if the music vids are about 43mb each.

Also another great thing about this headunit is that not only does it play DVD's it plays mpg files too. Which means you can get approx. 100 music vids on one DVDR if the music vids are about 43mb each.

No wonder you got a B in maths .......... at the age of 14 :lol:

So, the burning question...........

What was the damage on the unit? I had a quick look yesterday and found it from £800 to £1500 :o

Once the amp and oem headunit is out is it pretty plug and play or do i need to get the soldering iron and some connectors out of the old ICE toolbox :shifty: