Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Upgraded Bulbs

Please bear with me, I know this topic has been covered before, but, i believe i have found the next best thing to H.I.Ds.

After one of my Phillips Blue Vision bulbs popped, i looked around to see what else was available and saw an advert for super brilliance bulbs at Halfrauds. They dont do these in an HB4 but they do in an HB3.

With a slight bit of modding, you get a 60 watt, extreme white light from your headlights, much better than the Phillips bulbs.

And whats more, these bulbs are on offer at the mo, B.O.G.O.F.

The best mod for the winter, and all for £20.

Whats the difference between h4 and hb3? what mods are needed?

Rich

Please bear with me,  I know this topic has been covered before, but, i believe i have found the next best thing to H.I.Ds.

After one of my Phillips Blue Vision bulbs popped, i looked around to see what else was available and saw an advert for super brilliance bulbs at Halfrauds.  They dont do these in an HB4 but they do in an HB3. 

With a slight bit of modding, you get a 60 watt, extreme white light from your headlights, much better than the Phillips bulbs.

And whats more, these bulbs are on offer at the mo, B.O.G.O.F. 

The best mod for the winter, and all for £20.

Went to Halfords and picked up the HB3's, two for the price of one @ £19.99 a good saving :)

Took about 5mins to shave the inner guides off and make the outer lugs a shade smaller with my Dremmel.........Excellent link provided by PhoneDrome with detailed pics!

Easy replacement with the standard head light bulbs and they are a lot brighter......well pleased with this simple mod, thanks to Simon for letting us know about this one :D

Keith

• 2 months later...

Sorry to ask couple questions.

Is the socket of IS200 a 9005 or 9006 ? Can the 9005 light bulb be fit in without modification ?

Since 9005 bulb is 1700 lumens and 9006 1000 lumens, will the use of 9005 bulb on 9006 socket cause the associated part to melt or deteriorate due to the extreme heat ?

Sorry to ask couple questions.

Is the socket of IS200 a 9005 or 9006 ? BOTH MAIN BEAM IS 9005, DIP BEAM IS 9006 (OR IS IT THE OTHER WAY ROUND?)

Can the 9005 light bulb be fit in without modification ? NO, MODIFICATION IS REQUIRED AS PER THE LINK POSTED ABOVE< VERY EASY, 20MIN JOB WITH STANLEY KNIFE AND HACKSAW BLADE

Since 9005 bulb is 1700 lumens and 9006 1000 lumens, will the use of 9005 bulb on 9006 socket cause the associated part to melt or deteriorate due to the extreme heat ? ARE THE LUMENS NOT A COLOUR TEMPERATURE RATING? DOUBT THERE WILL BE ANY ISSUE