Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Should We Adapt The Euro?

tdiplc

give us the Euro.. wish they would hurry up.. get it over and done with because it will happen.

i dont have problems with the Euro.. as long as i can still count 1, 2 and 3 then its all the same.

every country in europe is now regreting joining,even the country that put forward the euro plan is now struggling terribly ,even the german minister for money thingys,has stated that joining the euro has caused irepairable damage to the german economy.........

even countrys like estonia who are on the verge of joining the EEC dont wish to have the euro as there once struggling economy is doing better than the euro is

Tony Blaire will not join the euro,i can gurantee that

The Euro is not the problem but EMU - It does not stand for European Monetary Union but Economic & Monetary Union. We would end ip paying for the pensions in Germany France & Italy which are so generous it looks like the pensions our polititions voted themselves as chicken feed.

has anyone ever spoken to anyone who voted for joining the EU ????

keep the £ say I................

any organisation that can think up the CAP is a bit dodgy.......I mean apart from on mars (or brussels) where would you pay a farmer not to grow crops or throw milk away...... :baaa:

it may well make your paypacket feel more....but it will be your wallet that feels it even more.......even though it was illigal to do it everyone did round there prices up.

and something that costs 1 euro in germany doesnt cost the same in spain :angry::angry::angry:

I vote we get out of the corrupt, ill conceived mess which is the EU altogether ....

Why couldn't they just leave it as a 'common market'

At least that was a half sensible idea .....

There's too many jobs for the boys riding this particular rich gravy train for any sense to come of it now.

Damn that makes me MAD .. Grrrrr

Hi there & bonjour,

This will be a bit long, sorry for that, but I will assume the euro defense, don't it take personnaly, it's just like in a forum a dofferent point of view from you, sorry again for my badly language, I swear to improve it .

I had the same feeling, like loosing part of a national identity, seeing the French franc replacing by euro, just a feeling.

Supercharged, I think you're totally wrong on that and you comit some errors, Euro money is probably the best thing happened down there since a long time, no offense at all but let me point your opinions, as an euro normal user, euro money allows us to punch against other markets, like americans market, asians market, do you think without a strong money you should able to have economical weight against them ?

Just take a look to the americans, laughing when the Euro came, now ask them ;o)

Euro capacity gave us the ability to have a stronger and larger economical market, would probably say that the one who's getting off side the euro will be in a bad position in a few. We start with the money, we will do it for taxes, laws, etc, etc.

As a manager, I sell all my goods in FOB in Dollars and CIF in Euro. Remenber before when we had one money for every country, strange to see that the only country with what we're not currently working is GB.

"every country in europe is now regreting joining,even the country that put forward the euro plan is now struggling terribly ,even the german minister for money thingys,has stated that joining the euro has caused irepairable damage to the german economy........."

You point on Germany who's definitly not against the Euro, this is probably the #1 country voting for, economicaly this country support a major breakdown right now after the big water floods. After the re-unification betweens the East & West side, this is the major problem down there. Irepairable damage ? just take a look to the parity with the Dollar, and get back a few months before, everybody was telling what a *****, and now we've got a strong money, surprising isn't it?.

Where do you see that all te country joining are wanting now to get back?

Don't you think the economical world situation isn't good enough, after the 9/11, we're in facing a world crisis coming, and one more time the euro gives us more strengh and ability to have solutions.

Strange to heard about Germany, who decided with France to get the euro, the unification and the european idea work out.

"it may well make your paypacket feel more....but it will be your wallet that feels it even more.......even though it was illigal to do it everyone did round there prices up.

and something that costs 1 euro in germany doesnt cost the same in spain"

Yes that's thrue, the price of a cup of coffee is different from Spain to Germany, something normal, with the euro you can compare it, it's a bit short to say that the thing costing 1 euro in germany doesn't cost the same in Spain, do you really think that will happen just after the euro coming ?

Wait a bit pal, and this will happen.

Talking about that, who's bleming Euro when now you're able to see that the car you buy in France is cheaper in Spain, easy to import and saving money.

This will happen after, when we will have the same taxes, same laws, Euro money is just the starting idea of a major thing, Someone said that we've got to many social things, thrue, and I'm glad each month to pay for it, even somebody without big salary could have the same hospital treatment than me, different from your social system who's actually sending people to our hospitals for having health operations. In the other hand I would be glad to have the same GB taxes on my society, will be richer paying less but getting less too…

Europe idea is like the Euro, we need it to go further.

Prices increasing, yes everybody get the prices rounded up, not fair but easy to manage, in the other hand people had no possibility to choose other solutions, and they adapted, wait for a few years more and the Euro will be the only one.

We start Europe, we decid to go on the Euro, this is just a normal way, with bad and good things to have, with problems to facing and things will getting better.

Now things are easiest, the one who want to get in Euro market has to adapt to Euro money.

Together is better than alone ;-)

Best regards

Vince

I vote we get out of the corrupt, ill conceived mess which is the EU altogether ....

Why couldn't they just leave it as a 'common market'

At least that was a half sensible idea .....

There's too many jobs for the boys riding this particular rich gravy train for any sense to come of it now.

Damn that makes me MAD .. Grrrrr

I think the Gooseman is right.

Sadly, us joining adopting the Euro is a done deal - Blair is a lackey who is just waiting for the right time after softening us up.

There is a benefit to big business (who control the whole world), as their costs are reduced. The rest of us will suffer big time.

Sorry Vince, unfortunately the world doesn't work like that.

Each country rightly so has it's own self interest. What happened when the French were compelled by the European Court to lift the ban on Britich beef? They ignored because of their own self interest.

The bottom line is that the British do not care about the French or some of the other EC Countries, and they do not care about us.

Some of the ridiculous directives coming out of Brussells are designed solely to reduce our competitiveness and make us as lazy and inefficient as a lot of the other EC countries. Other directives are there to justify the existance Brussells.

I think we are being railroaded - and it stinks :angry:

[Easy to manage? So everyone gets bigger pay rises? ]

With one money feeting for everybody, that is a normal thing, would you be ready to pay 0,913 euros for a coffee ?

So people start to round up prices, taking example of the coffee, before Euro 6frs in a commun bar, after 1 Euro, 57 franc centimes up!

The same occured at the reverse, they round down prices on other goods, comparing it's easy, you can have the price all around europe, car talking about, Insurrance for example…

Honestly talking I didn't notice that this increasments changed my life and make a lost.

[sorry Vince, unfortunately the world doesn't work like that.

Each country rightly so has it's own self interest. What happened when the French were compelled by the European Court to lift the ban on Britich beef? They ignored because of their own self interest.]

Yep clear example of the European regulation, France didn't want to have back the Brit beef after the Foot desease (not only self interest), we will have it back.

Doesn't know about the world but Europe seems to go that way.

It's not an optimist way of looking things, but knowing States and Asia, going there often for work, we really had to get stronger to face them.

[The bottom line is that the British do not care about the French or some of the other EC Countries, and they do not care about us.

Some of the ridiculous directives coming out of Brussells are designed solely to reduce our competitiveness and make us as lazy and inefficient as a lot of the other EC countries. Other directives are there to justify the existance Brussells.]

And they are applied, do you really think we're getting lasier and inneficient? we're just passing through an adaptation period.

It's easy to pin point the bad things. I will definitly apply for Euro & Europe.

[i think we are being railroaded - and it stinks]

Would say that each country is railroaded if it's stay alone, but it's only my personal point of vue

I like my £'s to and from a national identity malarky I'd like to stick with it. But, it's soooo easy travelling around European with the Euros and not messing around with different currencies every time I travel for work.

Quite frankly though, I have no idea if it would be good for the UK or not. I'm not particularly financially minded (so the bank manager tells me....!)