Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Laser Tracking.....

Kazi

Not best pleased as ive just checked my tyres after updating my car tax :crybaby: and I now need 2 new tyres!! Bold on the inside tyre wall........but more depth than tramps wallet on the outside!! :angry:

Now I assumed that this is not normal after literally owning the car for exactly one year on the 1st of November!!

So together with the 4 wheel laser tracking and tyres im the best part of £200 financially lighter!!

Anyone else had this??

Hi Kaz,

Its a major issue with the car running -ve camber. Many guys have had issues relating to this. It sounds like the geometry is not setup correctly. If you are close enough you could definetly do with visiting "The Doctor" at STS (Wheels-in-motion) or Drury Lane in Oldham.

Anees

I remember changing the front wheels tyre with the spare as the spares wheel was worse kurbed and the front existing tyre was bald, would I have needed to get the tracking done at this point to?

Also, do you thinking its worth getting the ball joints done then before fitting the new tyres and getting Tanvics to do the tracking? :unsure: What are the chances of the ball joints causing this problem as I don't want to replace them if I can avoid it.

Would love a visit to Dr Bones but im mileeeeees away!! :crybaby:

Turned out to be quite an expensive visit............... :crying:

I remember changing the front wheels tyre with the spare as the spares wheel was worse kurbed and the front existing tyre was bald, would I have needed to get the tracking done at this point to?

Also, do you thinking its worth getting the ball joints done then before fitting the new tyres and getting Tanvics to do the tracking?  :unsure:  What are the chances of the ball joints causing this problem as I don't want to replace them if I can avoid it.

Would love a visit to Dr Bones but im mileeeeees away!!  :crybaby:

Turned out to be quite an expensive visit............... :crying:

Well, not a Lexus...but I once had my tracking done on a Jeep Cherokee, prior to a 4000 mile trek up and down Spain. I KNEW it felt strange, but "No everything is fine". Then drove round Spain, steering v.odd. The BALL JOINT had gone, so one tyre completely f++++ed by the time I got home. Why doesn't THIS show up in tracking checks?

Mate, I had the same problem as you, front tyres kept going bald from insides.

I'd had some new ball joints fitted, then get a full geo check done- I went to Paul at Drury Lane (Oldham). Then I bought a set of new tyres- I now have no uneven tyre wear.

It will cost you some £££££ now, but worth it in the long run- you won't have to keep shelling out on new tyres every couple of k's....

Yes, definetly get your ball joints changed before you get your geometry done. Saves you paying for it again afterwards.

Also Tracking, 4 Wheel Alignment and Full Geometry are different things. The first two are very basic and the Full Geometry looks at all the critical angles of your car. Full Geometry is what you need. :ph34r:

DEFINATELY worth getting to STS and seeing Tony or going to Oldham to see Paul at Drury Lane. Not sure which is closer toLeicester.. :blush:

Yes, definetly get your ball joints changed before you get your geometry done. Saves you paying for it again afterwards.

Also Tracking, 4 Wheel Alignment and Full Geometry are different things. The first two are very basic and the Full Geometry looks at all the critical angles of your car. Full Geometry is what you need. :ph34r:

DEFINATELY worth getting to STS and seeing Tony or going to Oldham to see Paul at Drury Lane. Not sure which is closer toLeicester.. :blush:

This might explain why my sport cross decides to head off towards the kerb from time to time. I get a creak in the suspension when turning left or right. Could this be both ball joints gone ? Adding to the alignment issue ?

Sounds like it. :crybaby:

Get the ball joints checked and replaced prior to a geomety check up.

Spoke to Lexus Leicester, again very good service and very helpful, a chap called Mark in the service dept. Tole me that they don't really have any consistant ball joint problems with the IS 200 and its probably just the tracking been knocked out.

Kazdul there is a need to be wise here!..... wheel alignment and four wheel alignment are as much use as a 'handbrake on a canoe' both are 'linear' and wont recognize the problems you have.

Geometry is 3D and if done right will realise the problem.

There may be a need to re-write some of the settings, this i will do for you 'free' if needed.

Have a gentle read through my web site and see if this opens up the need for a full geometry My Webpage