Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dyno Run

jasper

IF the correct ratio is entered then ok, i have asked at quite a few places recently and all needed to know the 1:1 gear.

if the wrong gear/ratio is used then the results will not be accurate on the dyno run, as people here have seen many times when members have posted graphs.

there was one a little while back

So we will see what an is200 with s/c, prolex manifold and tte exhaust pulls :)

When the supercharger was on Gords car he had a dyno done and I think he got 214bhp with the S/C and his HKS Hiper. Don't think he had the manifold on then?

With the manifold I'd guess you should be looking at 220bhp ish??

The results are in and I am quite dissapointed really: -

198.5 bhp @ the flywheel

177 lbft torque @ 5750 rpm

I was workin away yesterday and needed to fill up and they only had unleaded so the guy said that may be a factor, also the car now has 18'' rims which he said could cause 5ish bhp loss and also causing my speedo to be 10% too high

Which figure did they give you mate?

If they gave you the at the wheels figure of 152 then that would result in a lower fly figure than you have, around the 186bhp mark ish?

Just sounds a bit weird pal as usually for RWD cars they allow between say 20 and 25% loss of power from the fly to the wheels, therefore if the 198.5 figure at the fly is correct, that would make it ~162bhp at the wheels if you allow for a 22.5% loss.

There's a thread somewhere on here with how the calculations are done - let me have a look mate

The figures they've given you are nearly a 30% different which seems too high

why did you not wait untill next week as there is the LOC meet at janspeed and they have the dogs nuts off a setup down there :winky:

when i had my IS on the rolling road, the power loss he put down was 25% ;) i should not have got it done at the place as the rolling road looked like it had seen better day "if you know what im saying" ;) and this is why im going to the LOC meet next week, as i want it done right by the right guys :winky:

It could purely just be a ***** dyno mate?

Think others in the past have experienced that?

Yep :crying: They probably had the wrong gear ratio set up mate. The same thing happened to me. Only a 25 bhp increase for an S/C. Then had a dyno pack by Abbey motorsport and had a 50 bhp increase on S/C.

I only use people like Abbey Motorsport and Thor Racing because i know that they'll do it correct and a dyno pack is also more accurate than a rolling road because it bolts directly on to the hubs