Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/is300 Price Drop?

Mattie

Are we in for a sharp drop in IS prices in the next year due to the introduction of the IS250?

Interested in people's views.

The IS has always depreciated slowly since it's launch and with recently being voted NO2 best car in the UK, will the introduction of a new model have any bearing on prices?

Hopefully not. With the price of the IS250 being considerably greater than a "new" IS200 this could have a knock-on effect to the price of the IS200. People buying IN to the executive market may not have the money to buy brand new IS250's (I certainly haven't) and this increase the demand for 2nd hand IS200's.

Swings and Roundabouts I think. I don't think new shape BMW's and Merc's have ever had a big impact in the selling price of the older shapes.

So fingers crossed we'll be safe.

Hopefully not.  With the price of the IS250 being considerably greater than a "new" IS200 this could have a knock-on effect to the price of the IS200.  People buying IN to the executive market may not have the money to buy brand new IS250's (I certainly haven't) and this increase the demand for 2nd hand IS200's.

Swings and Roundabouts I think.  I don't think new shape BMW's and Merc's have ever had a big impact in the selling price of the older shapes.

So fingers crossed we'll be safe.

I agree. In three years time, a used IS250 will probably cost £16K+ at the dealers. Mind you if you buy a brand new old model, albeit at a discount, then you might find yourself shortchanged in 2008/9 when it comes to selling.

Convince yourselves all you like guys..... :duh:

I am trying to sell mine at the moment and am making a huge loss!! Dealers are selling these, 54 and 05 plate models for under £16k now! With next to no miles on the clock. I have mine at the price recommended by parkers and the dealers and still have had no phone calls......

:tomato:

I am trying to sell mine at the moment and am making a huge loss!!  Dealers are selling these, 54 and 05 plate models for under £16k now!  With next to no miles on the clock.  I have mine at the price recommended by parkers and the dealers and still have had no phone calls......

Like I said last week this is because of the depressed car market in general, no one is laying out money on cars so the dealers have a forecourt full that they can't shift.

Convince yourselves all you like guys..... :duh:

I am trying to sell mine at the moment and am making a huge loss!!  Dealers are selling these, 54 and 05 plate models for under £16k now!  With next to no miles on the clock.  I have mine at the price recommended by parkers and the dealers and still have had no phone calls......

Forget Parkers. Take around 2 to 3 Grand off of the Lexus dealer forecourt price of an IS on an 04 or 05 plate and you are close to the private sale value. I can't emphasise enough how easy it is to lose big money when buying from a main dealer and then trading back in or selling privately. The dealer needs to have £3K or so in the car to make a living so the private value of a £16K car is £13K as soon as you drive it off the forecourt. Factor in depreciation and then a bit more to reflect the very depressed state of the market at the moment and you can lose £5K or £6K after only a year. Keeping any car for three years or more partly negates your loss.

I still maintain that, as MacRS200 says, Its the current used car market which is causing problems. The new IS will not badly affect the prices of the old model unless you have bought a new IS a few months ago for close to list. After all, its not even here yet and it will be another two or three years before they hit the forecourts in any great numbers by which time your three year old Lexus will be five or six years old.

Coventry Lexus offered me £8250 to £8500 last tuesday, 1st November, with 12 months M.O.T. / tax and 39080 miles from new, but we cant take it now because were a bit overloaded. Second hand car prices in the UK are a joke, plus i love the way the dealers sing the praises of the car before you buy then 18 months up the road there on the phone asking if your considering a replacement. :angry:

well - I have to practically give away my baby..Could not get it sold off privately, so its going under the Lexus hammer. getting it part exed at £3750 for a 99 model with 94000 for the new fangled (pricey but hopefully worth it) IS250.

Feel sad..hopefully not for long...(unless me wallet burns a right big hole :))

Used Lexus IS prices have taken a big drop recently,I have had my IS300 NAV on eBay and advertised locally for the past week or so but not much interest at all,even at a price much lower than I paid for it in June this year,seems I am going to have to reuce it further and take a big loss.

People know there is a new model due out and are using this as a bargaining tool to try and get the original IS at a much lower price.

Used Lexus IS prices have taken a big drop recently,I have had my IS300 NAV on Ebay and advertised locally for the past week or so but not much interest at all,even at a price much lower than I paid for it in June this year,seems I am going to have to reuce it further and take a big loss.

People know there is a new model due out and are using this as a bargaining tool to try and get the original IS at a much lower price.

The IS300 Nav has dropped by £200/250 per month for the past 4 months in GG. This is pretty normal depreciation for a quality car. Now the real world is different. Because dealers are overstocked and cannot shift what the've got then they don't want to buy at all at the moment generally speaking. This filters through to the private market and so everybody wants a bargain. If you are buying another car then you should demand the same keen price as you are being offered for yours. It's the cost to change which is important. After all if you take a £5K hit when you sell and get £5K off when you buy then it all becomes irrelevant really. What were you asking for yours?

Used Lexus IS prices have taken a big drop recently,I have had my IS300 NAV on Ebay and advertised locally for the past week or so but not much interest at all,even at a price much lower than I paid for it in June this year,seems I am going to have to reuce it further and take a big loss.

Was yours the blue one with Styling Kit on a few weeks back?

My recent experience from Lexus Stoke.

Last week, I purchased a pre-registered IS200 Sportcross Navigator for £21,000.

When I picked it up it had 3 miles on the clock!

Now, you tell me, was that a good price?

I think so.

My recent experience from Lexus Stoke.

Last week, I purchased a pre-registered IS200 Sportcross Navigator for £21,000. 

When I picked it up it had 3 miles on the clock!

Now, you tell me,  was that a good price?

I think so.

There is no new S/X as far as I know so the old model would not be affected by the new one. Just for your information an 05 IS200 S/X NAV with 8000 miles on the clock has a current trade price of £16,575 with a retail of £18,175. Lexus Dealers are more expensive than that on the retail side. List price new was £24,529.

Was yours the blue one with Styling Kit on a few weeks back?

No mine is Platinum Ice and is re-advertised on eBay at the moment,had lots of emails making silly offers but I am not desperate to sell at a silly price.

Well to be honest I think I am going to keep mine and use it until the warranty runs out, I have another 2 years left on the car, so I may as well make the most of it.....

I want a scooby again, miss my old one.... :(

At the end of the day if your happy with yr IS200 then why worry about price drops! The new IS250 dont appeal to me at the mo maybe it will grow on me but the shape is a bit crap to be honest!

The new BMW's 3 series looka bit crap too only the 5 series and some of the new Merc's and Audis look sweet but they are all well over 20K in price anyhow!

Im looking to keep my IS 200 till its dead then look for a new car so happy 5 years motring for me hopefully!

:driving:

At the end of the day if your happy with yr IS200 then why worry about price drops! The new IS250 dont appeal to me at the mo maybe it will grow on me but the shape is a bit crap to be honest!

The new BMW's 3 series looka bit crap too only the 5 series and some of the new Merc's and Audis look sweet but they are all well over 20K in price anyhow!

Im looking to keep my IS 200 till its dead then look for a new car so happy 5 years motring for me hopefully!

My IS200 has just gone 5 years old, I too will be keeping mine, unless its written off/stolen....I intend to run my IS for as long as I can

Well guys, I am down to £15k now for a 1year old IS200 and not a single stinking call! I wonder if it is the time of year.....

Our new Doberman arrives in a few weeks time, I need to get an estate car pretty quick! :s

2nd hand prices for the 99/00 models are all over the place. They jump from around 5.5k to all about 7k within a few weeks. If people can't sell I don't know why the prices aren't coming down. I have been after a nice example for upto 7k since Easter and I am still without one.

2nd hand prices for the 99/00 models are all over the place.  They jump from around 5.5k to all about 7k within a few weeks.  If people can't sell I don't know why the prices aren't coming down.  I have been after a nice example for upto 7k since Easter and I am still without one.

In light of the new IS250 being released, what price would you think reasonable for a 2004 (registered 2005) IS200SE Nav & full beige leather with 2k on the clock?

My IS200 has just gone 5 years old, I too will be keeping mine, unless its written off/stolen....I intend to run my IS for as long as I can

Makes logical sense, speically with the new models being launched. Apart from which, for some reason people are affraid of cars approaching the 100k mark. By todays standards and with good tlc an engine will run for 250k if not more.

A friends Audi A4 is on the 270k mark. Oil change every 5k ensures she still runs nice and Looks mint to. Think i'll be keeping mine for a a long time now. Spent a small sum on it and still love the drive. :P

Well guys, I am down to £15k now for a 1year old IS200 and not a single stinking call!  I wonder if it is the time of year.....

Our new Doberman arrives in a few weeks time, I need to get an estate car pretty quick!  :s

I know the feeling! I have had my IS300Nav on eBay twice now for the past 3 weeks and not even a bid,plenty of silly offers though like £6k for a 51 plate !!!