Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Some Expert Advice Please!

Hello all,

I'd really appreciate some expert advice from people who obviously know what they're talking about!

I've just been to see a "Lexus IS200" for sale - really nice car.

I'm a bit confused as to whether it's a straight IS 200 or an Altezza RS200 or AS200???

- The car badge reads Lexus IS 200 with lexus badge on grill.

- The steering wheel has Altezza on it and some controls and Sat Nav is in Japanese

- It's on an S Plate (1998)

- Log Book and HPI check state it's a Toyota (Model Not Known), VIN SXE10....., engine size 1988cc, Manufactured 1998 and registered 08/2000, Automatic

I'm confused because the SXE10 would suggest it's and RS200, but some specs for this say the RS200 engine size is 1998cc - not the 1988cc as stated in the log/HPI??

Really I need to know if it's and IS200, RS200 or AS200 for insurance purposes as well!!

Many thanks,

Gavin

Yup it's an Altezza RS200 tiptronic.

Have a look under the bonnet and you will find a 4 cylinder 3S-GE engine rather than the 6 cylinder 1G-FE of the IS or AS.

200 bhp as opposed to 150-160 of the 6 cylinder :winky:

And welcome to LOC :D

Thanks guys,

hopefully be a proud owner very soon!

Should I be worried that the HPI/Log book don't mention that it's an Altezza RS200 or that the engine size is 1988cc??

Hopefully my next question on here will be something more in line with the rest!

Cheers,

Gavin

Thats a Tezza alright.

What does HPi report say?

I did mine when i bought it, said Toyota Altezza RS200, everything how it should of been.

If yours says otherwise get it checked... if it was supposed to have a IS200 lump then someones dodged something around

Should I be worried that the HPI/Log book don't mention that it's an Altezza RS200 or that the engine size is 1988cc??

Mine also says Toyota, no model and 2000cc so I got 12cc more than that one.

Don't worry as long as the HPI is clear, V5 is in order re VIN and reg it will be OK :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links