Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Went to see Dave today and picked up my new set of "beefy" zort's for the GS, and trundled on home with the intention of fitting them myself.

Got the car jacked up in my unit, gave all the bolts a good drenching in penetrating oil, then came the dis-assembly.

First the n/s rear box was to come off... both bolts snapped :blink: , ah well - not a problem, next the o/s rear box... Mmmmm better check the main cat-back bolts first before I go any further...

WTF! :o , both bolts AND nuts are welded in place - bang goes the self fitting then :angry:

Do you think this has been done at Lexus (I'm sure they are the originals), or just some low-life having a brain wave at some stage in his pathetic little life :yawn:

Ah well, a trip down to the local fitters tomorrow then :yawn:

Will get some pics put up as soon as they're fitted, Dave would like to see them as a promo for these bad boy's :whistling: :D

Damn, that's strange !

I think the fitters will probably be your best bet now ? - unless someone out there has changed there zorst on the GS MK I

Will be nice to see em .... they do look beeefy ! :D

Damn, that's strange !

I think the fitters will probably be your best bet now ? - unless someone out there has changed there zorst on the GS MK I

Will be nice to see em .... they do look beeefy !  :D

Tell me about it :crying: , was looking forward to getting them on today!

The missus thought I had them on when I came back from the unit, as it sounded good with just one back box on :lol:

What are you installing Tony......Cat-Back or the complete works?  :blink:

Hope you have your ear plugs handy!

Great to see someone modding something other than an IS!  :lol:

They're just the cat-backs mike, but the pipework's H-U-G-E!!! :P

commiserations Tony.

The wait will make it even better  :P

Thanks again for these Dave :winky:

The other half wasn't too impressed when I told her she's got to take the kids to school tomorrow in my sooty van :lol::lol::lol:

Cant wait to seee the pics., I want to do the same to mine...........will look a whole lot better!!

Absolutely... and SOUND a whole lot better :driving: :P

they should be the business i fancied those zausts but mioney was an issue and still is :crybaby: can't wait to see the pics

Fancy some quads myself got to go have a chat with custom chrome or email blue flame oh and start working first :blush:

Dave

Any chance of pm'ing me with details.

I have yet to see pictures of the zorst's on Tony's car but I like the sound of them already!!

I probably would not be able to make a purchase till just after Xmas.

Cheers

Pics HERE Keith :winky:

Thanks Tony

They look great!!

I bet they sound as good as they look. Do they sound raspy or just 'loud'.

I have a mildly modded V6 Rover 827 with a standard sports box and that sounds nice and sporty, not too loud, but loud enough to turn heads.

I was really looking for a pair of back boxes with twin oval pipes like the ones on the latest AMG SL55 Merc.

If my service next week does not cost me an arm and a leg and Dave still has them, I may just be tempted.

Thanks Tony

They look great!!

I bet they sound as good as they look. Do they sound raspy or just 'loud'.

I have a mildly modded V6 Rover 827 with a standard sports box and that sounds nice and sporty, not too loud, but loud enough to turn heads.

I was really looking for a pair of back boxes with twin oval pipes like the ones on the latest AMG SL55 Merc.

If my service next week does not cost me an arm and a leg and Dave still has them, I may just be tempted.

Thanks mate :winky:

They sound "deep"... 'specially between the 2-3000rpm range where the car sounds like a V8 and they are at their loudest :ohmy: , then after that the sound crispens up to a very pleasant tune like a sooped-up supra :P

Still geting used to EVERYBODY looking 'round when I'm burbling down the road, expecting some kind of yank-tank to thunder by :lol:

I got sent a video file of an aristo with a zorst exhaust fitted and weirdly it sounds exactly like my zorst equipped supra. Hope my aristo with big assed exhaust with one cat out will sound as good. And yup it is good to see the GS's getting looked at for modification now. Mine will feature in a magazine as soon as I get it sorted out.