Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Sorry For Them I'm Out Of There!

Tony-Bones

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Tony, the very best of luck in your new venture. If there's any justice in the world at all, you should do very well.

Quite simply, I'm fully intending to drive over from Ireland to see you at some point, such is the respect that I have for your abilities. This is based on your posts here and the testimonies of everyone who's been to see you. As it stands, I'm struggling to find someone to even balance my wheels properly, never mind do a top-notch geom. I can't be the only one with these problems and who thinks this way. I've learned a lot from you and your site, and as word gets out that good geom is important and that most people don't seem to know how to do it, I think you'll be made.

Get out there onto other forums, build the same kind of following you've got here and hopefully the rest will follow.

All the best,

Si

i too am prepared to drive from s wales to get my geom sorted by your good self, good luck with your venture although i don't think you need it as i'm sure you will do very well anyway. ;)

Come on down...... :duh: over... this geometry area affects everyone few understand it... ' i do' :D i love it!, what is best are the 'forces', after a geometry recovery i 'warn' the customer.... 'learn' the car again it will not drive like the car you know!.......it really worries me... so i say again 'learn' how it drives! most give me a 'thumbs up' all post here and say FKM different car.......

Over the years i have had two cars stop at the main road, wait for a space in the traffic, turn left and go up the 'kerb' :crybaby: simply because in the geometry i changed the turning radius....

Best thing I ever did was start my own business.

Here, here!!!

But Tony, it won't be plain sailing to start with, as in financing machinery, paying rent/rates etc - stick with it mate, and all the best... like others have said, you'll always have work with us lot around :winky:

I've had my own business running for just over 3 years now, and even without a wage (need to do some catching up!) I love it... look forward to going to work every day :D

The thread can be hidden if you require. Perhaps a mod with more knowledge than me would know how to move it to Gold.

Thank you, but no... what will be will be! i want out anyway albeit walk or push, it's a real shame, the Directors of STS realize how important geometry is for the modern car and they show massive support hence the PR day, but my in-line manager and area manager are only interested in the 'day to day' running of the centre..... this is in conflict with my evolution, the maddening thing is 'I own the area and the directors want to develop it' but the people i have to answer to deny all.....

Its just a shame that this sort of attitude happens in most companies we ever encounter. Directors have their objectives. Managers have their objectives. The workforce are torn between the 2 along with their own objectives. :blink:

Still, I wish you all the best. If there's anything I can help with just shout. I'll be in the pile of people who know about computer related stuff :mat:

D.

Come on Tony!!!

Whens the Ireland WIM setup happening!!!! :P

Let me dream................ :hehe: all done.. :D when i built WIM i realised i am a little dot in a big field thats why i added 'trusted centres' on my site, if i could vet other companies and guarantee a fee then i would add them to the site..... to date i only five :ohmy: ( scary )... but my ambition is not to conquer the world but if through the site i can encourage companies to display prices and become part of the 'trusted centres section' then that i would concider to be 'job done'

Best thing I ever did was start my own business.

Here, here!!!

I love it... look forward to going to work every day :D

I dont :crybaby: i have an eleven hour day, one hour shower and eat time, one hour 'domestic' world wide reply via the website time, then in LOC..... :crybaby:

It's my own fault :excl: online people think wheels-inmotion is a company, all the mail i get i 'must' reply to since these people are in distress.... OK some are not even in the UK but they are still in distress, and i deal with them before i come into LOC. Before i know it it's 'late a clock' and time for bed.......... then start all over again.

OH in between i kiss my children and remined them of my name.... where's that cat?... Sorry! :duh: 'Pressure'..... I 'want' to go to work and enjoy it.... i love my work, but hate my job, and the cats got an arse like a Baboon.....

The very best of luck Tony I’m sure you will make a great success of it, and STS will spend many hours kicking themselves

I propose a sponsored for 'Cancer research' a right good group 'kicking' :D.. no not really?.. you have given enough toward 'CR' 'but' I'm still up for the group kicking :D

Just wanted to add to the "good wishes" list Tony - you are a star and are sure to shine once set-up on your own without the distraction of others targets.

Perhaps you could consider a donations / small fee element to WIM - that way you would at least cover some costs while helping others ?

Having had the pleasure of you setting the geometry on my IS, I can honestly say it was worth the journey down from the Midlands. I will probably arrange to see you again this side of the new year. However I will certainly support your new venture with my custom. The country seems very short of people who really know their trade.

Good Luck!

Just wanted to add to the "good wishes" list Tony - you are a star and are sure to shine once set-up on your own without the distraction of others targets.

Perhaps you could consider a donations / small fee element to WIM - that way you would at least cover some costs while helping others ?

Did think of a 'Donations' area on my site but..... the reason people are there is because they are in distress, I volunteer information and free help so any form of charge would be hipicritical. 'would' love the money.... but it goes against the principle of the site.

Having had the pleasure of you setting the geometry on my IS, I can honestly say it was worth the journey down from the Midlands. I will probably arrange to see you again this side of the new year. However I will certainly support your new venture with my custom. The country seems very short of people who really know their trade.

Good Luck!

Thank you! i realise members travel from all sides of the UK to allow me to do my job, and those of you that know me know i am 'absolutely passionate' about the results, to the 1/10th of a millimeter ( fact ) One of the real problems i have with STS is the 'fine tune'.... it's free.... this elevates an understanding for geometry and this is the most important part..... 'Tony's Law' and i stand by that!

Re: donations - guessed you would stand by your principle - but it would only be voluntary and some folks like to be able to return the favour - even if only a token sum in the financial sense ...

Re: donations - guessed you would stand by your principle - but it would only be voluntary and some folks like to be able to return the favour - even if only a token sum in the financial sense ...

Donations, to be honest i do have something in mind, some of you are going to think 'oh come on'? who turns away money!... well since i have never made a penny from my site i have nothing to miss, i want to link a donations section to Cancer Research via Paypal and if i can have a recipe emailed to me each time someone has donated, this would be more than enough reward to me.

Good luck Tony. I'll be booking the 300SC in again soon.

Thank you...... 300SC.... what a car!.... in time!..... with luck..... :D

Taken from 'Tony's book of hope'

Verse 5: 'Tiss hard work' that delivers the goods, but you need to be good to deliver the hard work.