Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 200 Se,a,sn.

G7UHF

A word of warning.

Purchased my new car at the end of October 2000, in January 2001 i had to have the o/s front door repaired due to some teenage children having issues with the designers at Lexus. The repair consisted of a new door skin and spraying along with some other body work been done in order to complete the repair, £1250 approx.

On Tuesday 1st of November 2005 i took the car for its M.O.T. while it was on the ramp i took the opportunity to look around the underside of the car to see if all was well, the bottom of the door has blistering paintwork, (all be it only slight) on the outside and the inner bottom edge has rust breaking out on the surface and the bottom edge of the door is rough to the touch along its whole length, the other 3 doors are totally smooth. Went to Lexus Coventry, the Service Manager was concerned and advised a call to customer services / relations and head office, low and behold non of whome were interested, i called JEMCA EDGWARE ROAD where the repair was done but was told the 3 yr warranty on their work had expired and they couldnt help, Coventry are now looking into how much it will cost me to have a new door fitted, not bad for a 5 yr old car and 2 days after my 2 year extended warranty had ran out too.

Fair or unfair treatment, the car has done 39112 miles, full svc history, garaged, very well maintained, now i just want rid of it £9500 anyone! rusting door included at no extra cost.

sounds like faulty repair, in that insufficient sealent was applied on the new door skin before fitting.

isnt the lexus body corrosion warrenty 10 years, and if done by approved workshop, that warrenty is still valid!

id push them a little more, read the small print on any warrenty documents....

look at speaking to a brief!

Don't get me started on the bodyshop at Jemca, the hassle I went through with a repair they did was unbelievable. :angry: The only thing I can say is that they will eventually give, but only did so when I pushed right the way to the principal of Jemca. I suggest you do the same, and you should be able to get it sorted.

Hope it helps.

Morning boyz, well as of 9:30 this morning Tuesday 8th November 2005 the estimate arrived from Coventry Lexus for a replacement drivers door £1301.10 inc VAT, interestingly enough there is a small charge for "corrosion protection materials" value £3 !!! plus the vat of course, however on the bill for the original repair there is an item listed as "L58741-53010 PROT.QTR PANEL N/STK QTY 1 £3.75 which looks to me very much like protection for the rear quarter panel, no mention of protection for the door........ watch this space.

Well i for one appear (to the untrained eye) to have no problems with the other 3 doors or boot lid, although like many other IS200 owners do have corrosion breaking out on the underside front edge of the bonnet around a hole to the left of centre above the radiator as you face the engine, does'nt look much from the outside but who knows whats going on inside the cavity. A repair to that problem was effected at Lexus Sutton Coldfield (Birmingham) but the problem has re-appeared..........watch this space for another estimate. :shutit:

Monday 7th November 2005, 17:00 My point of contact at Lexus Accident Assistance called to say my contact had spoken to their manager who in turn had spoken to the Lexus Accident Programme Manager who had requested an e.mail be sent to him/her outlining the situation with my vehicle, he/she will in turn then contact the manager at Lexus G.B. After Sales Division, who in turn will be speaking to Jemca Edgware Road who, so im told will be getting in contact with me. Complicated is'nt it.

Glad that there seems to be something going on there, and hope you get it done soon. There is one decent guy at Jemca, he's the one who finally made sure my car was sorted totally before calling me back, think his name was John Clifford, make sure he's the one you deal with in the bodyshop

Thanks for the contact at Jemca, i was hopefull of getting a call by close of buisness today but it has'nt happened yet. I was reading the section in my warranty and care booklet, section 7 on page 12 "collision repair" it makes excellent reading and thankfully i can put a big tick in all the boxs in that section so i wonder whats happened, next week may bring better news.

Have just spoken to John Clifford at Jemca and he is concerned about the repair, Mr Clifford has asked for the paperwork to be forwarded to him so he can investigate the matter further, this is the first contact i have had with anyone from Lexus about this problem and certainly nothing from Head office.

This Morning Mr Gary Bixley from Jemca called me to speak about the problem with my car, he has offered to come to Coventry on Wednesday 23rd November to see the problem first hand before deciding how best to proceed.

Bye untill Wednesday y'all

Today Mr Gary Bixley arrived at 10am to inspect the car, he took some photographs of the inner and outer lower edge of the drivers door and also inspected the underside front edge of the bonnet where corrosion is breaking out again after having been repaired by Lexus Sutton Coldfield. Mr Bixley left at 11am and will be in touch at a later date having given the matter due consideration, he did state that the amount of corrosion on the door was less than he was expecting but went on to say it would therefore be a lot easier to effect a satisfactory repair to the door inline with Lexus approved repair methods.

"Prot quarter panel" refered to earlier in this Document refers to the adhesive film on your rear wheel arches just forward of the wheels at the base of the door frame and not anti-corrosion preperation as previously belived.

Today at 13:25 i had a phone call from Mr Gary Bixley about the situation with the drivers door, his decision and proposal is that Jemca body shop will have the car in to effect a repair to the vehicle as soon as possible, the repair will be in the form of a replacement door and other parts as required to complete the job and restore the vehicle to its original condition. Mr John Clifford would be in contact with me to arrange the collection of the vehicle from Coventry to London and to outline the series of event together with times and dates.

13:35 Mr John Clifford called me from Jemca to discuss the proposed course of events which are as follows. A lorry will be despatched to collect my car from Coventry on Monday 5th December, Mr Bixley has asked that the repair be turned around within 5 working days giving a proposed return date of friday 9th December although this may run over to Monday 12th December, Mr clifford will also give progress reports throughout the repair . I have declined the offer of a loan vehicle although one was offered by both Mr Gary Bixley and Mr John Clifford.

Many thanks to Parthiban for the link to Mr John Clifford.

More to follow.....

That sounds like a great result, well done! :D

However, can I ask why you declined the courtesy car? Only reason I ask is that if you have one of their cars, it makes them move the job along a lot quicker (especially when you do as I did and insist that they give you a Lexus) :whistling:

Great news tho, and hopefully it all gets sorted soon :)

Hiii Parthiban, well i did'nt really need it, Mr Bixley had made all the arrangements and was in full command of the situation, i was more than happy with his decision and didnt want to be seen to be pushing for every last drop of blood, these guys know when someone's been greedy. I was more than happy to deliver and collect the car from London but as Mr Bixley said he didnt want me put to anymore hastle, they were more than happy to transport it both ways, im impressed and very greatfull, im sure the job will also be done to perfection.

• 2 weeks later...

The car was returned on Tuesday 13th December at 10am, the door had been replaced and the level of workmanship was quite acceptable, in line with what i had come to expect from Jemca London. The slightly later arrival of the vehicle was due to it requiring some final minor adjustments. I was kept very well informed of the progress of the repair and have no complaints about the way the repair was handled.

Many thanks go to Mr Gary Bixley for his help in getting the matter bought to a most satisfactory conclusion and Mr John Clifford Workshop Manager at Jemca for his help in arranging collection, getting the vehicle through the workshop and back to me all in good time.

G7UHF.

Sorry for the late update guyz, sickness and medical problems here, recovering slowly.

Enjoy crimble, if thats possible these days.