Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road Rage

javadude

This morning I pulled onto the motorway and moved into a gap in lane three which had looked pretty big but the driver behind seemed to shrink it right down as I did so. He flashed his lights a bit then backed off. I'm usually pretty careful about lane changes and use mirrors, indicators and wait for a safe gap unlike most people it seems. Perhaps I misjudged the gap, perhaps he sped up and didn't want me in front. That sort of thing happens all the time. You just let it go.

But we get to the next junction and he pulls alongside in lane two and at about 70mph throws something/things at my car. I think only the side window was hit. It didn't smash but it did sound loud. He's gesticulating and shouting too then moved over to exit at the junction. I just slowed so I could take down his plate. He slowed further to try to stop me, still waving and shouting. Once I got his plate I took off. He was still gesticulating out of the window as he disappeared down the slip road.

Sorry so long.

So do I bother to report it to the police?

This morning I pulled onto the motorway and moved into a gap in lane three which had looked pretty big but the driver behind seemed to shrink it right down as I did so. He flashed his lights a bit then backed off.  I'm usually pretty careful about lane changes and use mirrors, indicators and wait for a safe gap unlike most people it seems. Perhaps I misjudged the gap, perhaps he sped up and didn't want me in front. That sort of thing happens all the time.  You just let it go.

But we get to the next junction and he pulls alongside in lane two and at about 70mph throws something/things at my car. I think only the side window was hit. It didn't smash but it did sound loud. He's gesticulating and shouting too then moved over to exit at the junction. I just slowed so I could take down his plate. He slowed further to try to stop me, still waving and shouting. Once I got his plate I took off. He was still gesticulating out of the window as he disappeared down the slip road.

Sorry so long.

So do I bother to report it to the police?

Yep - They probably won't do anything, but may keep it on record if it happens again.

Next time it might be a brick in the windscreen if he went past and through it backwards.

Maybe Scarface will give you the lo down of what they'd do.

I witnessed someone punch another driver at traffic lights once. They really couldn't be bothered then. Said if driver reported it at a different police station then they wouldn't be able to tie the two facts together.

If only someone would invent a computer... :rolleyes:

I witnessed someone punch another driver at traffic lights once. They really couldn't be bothered then. Said if driver reported it at a different police station then they wouldn't be able to tie the two facts together.

If only someone would invent a computer...  :rolleyes:

I've had a couple of moments in the past where I could get out and have a bit of road rage (usually caused by the way others drive). The only thing that stops me is I'm scared they might hit my car and dent/scratch it.

There are some real idiots (to put it polite) out there who seem to think they can make up the Highway Code as they drive !

Drive carefully and think twice before bothering to get out of your car I think are the best bits of advice.

Have you checked the rest of your car yet to see if any damage was done when he chucked whatever it was ?

As far as I can see there isn't although the cars pretty dirty at the moment.

All I found were some scratches on the boot from where some local yobs kick a football at the car as I drove past the other day. Why is the world filled with muppets?

If only someone would invent a computer...  :rolleyes:

I've had a couple of moments in the past where I could get out and have a bit of road rage (usually caused by the way others drive). The only thing that stops me is I'm scared they might hit my car and dent/scratch it.

There are some real idiots (to put it polite) out there who seem to think they can make up the Highway Code as they drive !

Drive carefully and think twice before bothering to get out of your car I think are the best bits of advice.

As per general opinion, report it.

Throwing objects at you on the highway is obviously most dangerous, and I would say it is covered somewhere in the UK's road traffic laws.

And just so that there may be a little black mark by the number plate you give in any future checks on his vehicle.

And I presume you've heard about the car-jacks whereby someone may shunt you slightly from behind (the car that is!), and if you get out of your own car, you may get car-jacked!

He's in the wrong. You're in the right. Just report him

D.

Report it - I have made several reports of dangerous driving in the past - them trace the car / driver - have a word and then call you once they have had the chat to confirm it was done.

Perhaps I have just been lucky but I have always been impressed and can only hope the indivuals concerned listened.

One was overtaking multiple cars in a residential area on a blind bend - quite a stunt. Another was a driver on the motorway trying to run me off the road after missing his exit ...

OK just back from the police station and they said that I should wash the car :blush: so I can be certain if there's any damage as that decides how they proceed. If there is then he'd be prosecuted for criminal damage. If not then its just logged against his details. Either way in the mean time they may pay him a visit.

OK just back from the police station and they said that I should wash the car :blush: so I can be certain if there's any damage as that decides how they proceed. If there is then he'd be prosecuted for criminal damage. If not then its just logged against his details. Either way in the mean time they may pay him a visit.

Well done - good for you for reporting it. :)

Like AMH said, didn't you mention the marks on the boot from "football" :whistling:

See, even if you don't report any damage at least the moron has had a mark against his name.

Like AMH said, didn't you mention the marks on the boot from "football"

Nope. Too honest. Those scratches should polish out anyway.

See, even if you don't report any damage at least the moron has had a mark against his name.

Yeah quite satisfying. Mwuhahahaha.

I had something similar happen a while ago that ended up with the passenger (not mine) taking swings at me through an open window if i could have got out in time i would have had a go myself but to be honest i was fairly shocked . However i reported it to the police with the vehicle details and plates to find out the plates don't exist :o

Still wonder to this day where that motor was heading

Thats why its best to take the safest response. You don't know who you're dealing with on the roads. Another driver could be driving a stolen car, doing drugs and armed. I once did stop after a road rage incident. The other driver was completely off his head, either on drugs or mentally disturbed. Fortunately I talked to him through a gap in the window or I might have regretted it even more. We'd stopped in the middle of no-where and afterwards I realised how daft I'd been even to stop.