Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Looking awesome mate :D

I thought any exhausts were legal over in the UK as long as you weren't over the emissions limit which is the job of the cats anyway?

Thanks guy's :P

Gotta get used to everybody staring when I go for a drive... had one bloke looking in the sky :blink::lol::lol::lol:

Think I'm going to have to transfer the anti-resonator type thingies from the old zorst's to the new ones - between about 2000 to 3000rpm the whole car buzzes, along with my ear drums, and everything else!!! :ohmy::lol:

So Aido, I'm not gonna get pulled for noise pollution then? :huh::whistling:

:lol:

I had the same problem with resonance on mine between 2k and 3k revs with the charger, the whole car buzzes, now it's NA again they're a lot quieter!

Think you should be fine mate but one of the police fellas on here should be able to confirm :D

Have to admit it always made me laugh when people would try to figure out where the noise was - they'd be looking at every car in front of me as they'd never expect a Lexus to make that noise :lol:

Very nice Tony !

Look like they are going to launch some kind of nuclear missile !!

Did you reset the ECU ?  :shifty:

very nice Tony mate

ahmet......far 2 small to launch Nuclear missiles, even battlefield tactical missiles

resetting the ecu will not achive much, he only has backboxes fitted. any difference in feel he will have will be the reset ecu for the gearbox which will be felt as a change

its actually a good thing to reset the ecu now and again on autos....

:lol:

Have to admit it always made me laugh when people would try to figure out where the noise was - they'd be looking at every car in front of me as they'd never expect a Lexus to make that noise :lol:

Yea, kinda throws the whole quiet/luxury image out of the window eh :lol:

They look great Tony :D  You know you're going to be forever modding now though mate :lol:

To right Aidie :) , did you notice there's a spoiler appeared too :whistling:

Lowering kit next :winky:

Very nice Tony !

Look like they are going to launch some kind of nuclear missile !!

Did you reset the ECU ?  :shifty:

Yes mate, ECU re-set :winky:

So what's the legality on these Ahmet?

Any audiofiles? :)

I'll see what I can do :P

Emissions is the answer mate ......... depending on what they are !

And obviously, if it sounds like an earthquake .... everytime you drive past a house, and the windows smash ! - Then I would imagine that the DB the zorst lets off would be too loud ...... but I doubt that is the case ! :lol:

as just a backbox, they wont change emmisions at all.

however there DB reading , cannot remeber the distance, or angle from the rear of the car would dictate if they are legal or not.

not that it would be a major issue, as you should be able to fit inserts into the back boxes which would reduce the DB level when tested

Emissions is the answer mate ......... depending on what they are !

And obviously, if it sounds like an earthquake .... everytime you drive past a house, and the windows smash ! - Then I would imagine that the DB the zorst lets off would be too loud ...... but I doubt that is the case ! :lol:

Errm... not quite that loud :huh::lol:

Thanks mate :winky:

however there DB reading , cannot remeber the distance, or angle from the rear of the car would dictate if they are legal or not.

not that it would be a major issue, as you should be able to fit inserts into the back boxes which would reduce the DB level when tested

I've seen those inserts, I guess that's what the small hole is for in the top of the tail pipes :)

Do you know where these can be got Mat... just in case?

I've seen those inserts, I guess that's what the small hole is for in the top of the tail pipes :)

Do you know where these can be got Mat... just in case?

not sure to be honest,. a good exhaust place or fabricator should be able to make them.

however, having just looked in my MOT Inspecters hand book, there is no specific MOT fail point for exhaust sound emmisions, basically saying

"..........it is a matter for the Tester to decide whether or not the vehicle is producing excessive noise.."