Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cruise Control

Hi

Just checking with regards to the Cruise Control. On every other car that I have driven, if you set the cruise control at a certain speed, say 60mph, and then the car comes to a stop (but you don't turn off the engine, e.g. in a traffic jam or at an intersection), and you "re-accelarate", you can normally press the resume button on the cruise control after a certain speed (normally around 20-25mph) and the car resumes to the set speed, i.e. 60mph.

Not so on the Lexus. On the Lexus, if you stop, you have to re-set the cruise control to your desired speed. Is this normal? Can this be turned to what is normal with every other car?

Hi

Just checking with regards to the Cruise Control. On every other car that I have driven, if you set the cruise control at a certain speed, say 60mph, and then the car comes to a stop (but you don't turn off the engine, e.g. in a traffic jam or at an intersection), and you "re-accelarate", you can normally press the resume button on the cruise control after a certain speed (normally around 20-25mph) and the car resumes to the set speed, i.e. 60mph.

Not so on the Lexus. On the Lexus, if you stop, you have to re-set the cruise control to your desired speed. Is this normal? Can this be turned to what is normal with every other car?

If the speed falls below 25mph (I think) then the memory for the set speed is lost, and you have to re-set again :winky:

I've had several cars over the years which have had cruise control, and none of them kept the set cruise speed if the vehicle was stopped or speed dropped below around 30 mph. The IS200 is actually the first vehicle that I've owned in which I can "cruise" with the cruise control at between 20 and 30 mph... any lower than that, however, it resets.

Leland

I've had several cars over the years which have had cruise control, and none of them kept the set cruise speed if the vehicle was stopped or speed dropped below around 30 mph.  The IS200 is actually the first vehicle that I've owned in which I can "cruise" with the cruise control at between 20 and 30 mph... any lower than that, however, it resets.

Leland

My 1988 Saab 9000 held the setting until I switched the ignition off.

I could press resume when speed passed 30 mph and it would carry on again until I braked.