Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Front Driver Side Brake Disc

rocky v 300

Hello all,

Long time no see!

To be honest my v300 has been running quite smoothly without any problems up until now hence this post.

I recently prurchased EBC GREEN STUFF pads and discs for the front but I noticed as soon as I left the garage that I could here a shhhhh sound one in every wheel turn and then after a few weeks the steering wheel would judder when I pressed the brake.

I contacted Ebc as the disc had warped and they replaced them no questions asked :D

But i can still hear the binding sound, took it back to the garage and no one can find any thing wrong with it!!!

Could there be any thing else that I dont know about that would cause the disc to rub against the pad I mean its just really wierd :blink:

Any advice will be greatly appreciated

Thanks

when I had the greenstuff discs and pads there was a constant clicking from the brakes - lots of people seemed to think it was normal (if annoying) at the time

I get that as well but driving into work this morning a felt the steering wheel vibrate which indicates to me the disc is on its way out again WARP SPEED

I dont think it can be a fault with the disc itself as after the mechanic fitted the new pair and spun the wheel you could hear it then

Could it be the actual wheel itself?

The calipers seems to be worn. Get them worked up.

Perhaps the piston is a bit corroded. If you push it back because of new pads and disc they can get stucky(? dunno the word, I mean rough-running). Causing the pads rubbing the discs, heating it up while driving ---> Disc kaputt!

If it is the caliper you will need new discs every few weeks :D