Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Delivery Date

oldcro

I ordered a Lexus IS 250 SE-L on the 19th August, hoping for delivery on launch day the 19th November. A few weeks ago I was told to expect delivery in mid December. Today this has now moved to late December, still no definate delivery date which is getting to be very annoying.

Living in a remote part of the UK means a visit to the dealer involves a long ferry trip costing hundreds of pounds and means 3 days away at least. All I ask from Lexus is a firm delivery date so I can book the ferry and hotels and make definate plans, particularly over the Christmas/ new year periods.

Is anyone else having problems with delivery dates for the new IS 250? I feel very let down by Lexus and their customer service, not a good start to becoming a (hopefully) satisfied Lexus owner.

Sorry for ranting on, just ****** of with them at the moment.

Oldun :crybaby:

Dealer said - they woudl recieve the car on 21st nov, pickign it up on 25th Nov, so they can "prepare it" - doe sit mean, they have to vacuum and valet/polish it even its from the factory?

yes.. the car is wrapped in protective film..

seriosuly steve..what do they need 2-3 days to prepare the car from?? dont they come off the back of a massive car trolley truck of sorts?

Car has a pre delivery inspection that includes:-

Removing all the protective film, platics sheets, covers and protectors from all the exterior panels and interior that could be damaged in the long journey from Japan.

The car is then de-waxed - a spray on coating to prevent any corrosion whilst in transit (or stored in a field, in the case of Ford, Vauxhall etc)

Car then has all the tyre pressures set (they come from the factory at 60psi to prevent flat spots forming whilst stationary for weeks whilst at sea / storage.

Then all the fluid levels are checked, filled, adjusted.

The sat nav if fitted is then set up and calibrated.

All the vehicle settings such as auto headlight sensitivity, seat belt warning buzzers, window motor bounce back ratings and position memories, etc, etc, etc, etc are set to comply with the UK market.

Then a general condition report is carried out to confirm there is no damage or defects in the body, interior or any of the car's systems and equipment.

The car is then taken on a small road test to make sure that there are no strange noises, rattles or handling irregularities etc

Finally, the car is then fully valleted (4-6 hours to do it properly) and ready for the customer....

If your car is due to land on a Monday for instance, it might arrive at 5pm. Work then starts on Tuesday, and if the dealer isn't busy with 6 other cars arriving with yours, might be ready for the valleters Wed am. Your car is then ready Wed pm or Thurs am at the earliest.

Hope this answers your question? :)

thanks mole. Guess I'll let them carry on with the work and pick it up fri/sat where i can take it for nice long drive then! I know there was some work invovled but that was quite informative....(didnt realise how painstaking it was to set up a new car)

Wow - paul butt in leceister gave some great news today. the car has arrived form japan...and is being unpackaged....So i guess delivery is set for 19th Nov..Wil keep you guys posted!

Hi Koshime,

Great news eh! bet you cannot wait. What model IS250 did you order and has it any extras? I would be interested to know when you placed your order to see just how long you have waited.

I'm begining to turn a deathly shade of green, so good luck and let us know your first impressions.

Oldun :sick:

I ordered

Black IS250 SE - with black trim, black seats

Auto option

Multimedia option

Guranteed Asset protection

Placed order about sep/october with lexus leicester...

Was due to originally arrive 19th, then was told woudl arrive 21st, but today they had a surprise when a black IS250 was unloaded and was told the great news. So although it might be ready by friday, cant pick it up till launch day....maybe I coudl be crazy enough to drive up and look first eh? At least it allows for insurance and registration plate organaization

I ordered

Auto option

Multimedia option

Was due to originally arrive 19th, then was told woudl arrive 21st, but today they had a surprise when a black IS250 was unloaded and was told the great news. So although it might be ready by friday, cant pick it up till launch day....maybe I coudl be crazy enough to drive up and look first eh? At least it allows for insurance and registration plate organaization

Lucky git ! :D No, I'm not bitter at all :whistling:

I'd be camping outside the car until I can have it if I was you. :D

I ordered

Auto option

Multimedia option

Thanks Koshime, I was wondering if Lexus UK were supplying their favourite dealers first. Perhaps the Mole would know more about that side of things. It's just so annoying when cars ordered after mine get delivered long before I even have a delivery date. I'm not blaming the dealer yet, but Lexus' customer service department will be off my Christmas card list soon unless things improve rapidly.

Oldun :tomato:

Lexus ordered all the launch cars long ago and tried to guess what the most popular colours and specs would be.

Anyone who is getting their car this year will be getting one of Lexus' launch batch of cars.

As the cars come over on several boat loads, some boats will arrive a few weeks sooner than others.

The guy who ordered a grey one with multi media and a sunroof for instance may have ordered his car back in June, but a car to match that spec is on boat number four that arrives mid December.

Or... the guy that ordered Messa red with grey leather for example, his spec of car could be on boat number one and could get his car on November 19th, despit ordering his car last week.

It is all down to what you have ordered and when it will arrive.

Lexus don't allocate more cars to 'preferred dealers'. All dealers will be allocated a number of cars to match the size of their customer catchment area and their historic sales numbers. It is all done quite fairly.

If a Lexus dealer has sold all of their allocation, Lexus will try their best to find that dealer an extra car or two to keep customers happy.

And out of interest, why on earth would anyone want to find me? Look for Mole hills! :D

Lexus ordered all the launch cars long ago and tried to guess what the most popular colours and specs would be.

Anyone who is getting their car this year will be getting one of Lexus' launch batch of cars.

As the cars come over on several boat loads, some boats will arrive a few weeks sooner than others.

The guy who ordered a grey one with multi media and a sunroof for instance may have ordered his car back in June, but a car to match that spec is on boat number four that arrives mid December.

Or... the guy that ordered Messa red with grey leather for example, his spec of car could be on boat number one and could get his car on November 19th, despit ordering his car last week.

It is all down to what you have ordered and when it will arrive.

Lexus don't allocate more cars to 'preferred dealers'. All dealers will be allocated a number of cars to match the size of their customer catchment area and their historic sales numbers. It is all done quite fairly.

If a Lexus dealer has sold all of their allocation, Lexus will try their best to find that dealer an extra car or two to keep customers happy.

And out of interest, why on earth would anyone want to find me?  Look for Mole hills!  :D

Thanks Mole, it looks like it's just the luck of the draw as to when you get your new IS250. I guess I was unlucky with my choice of colours and extras.

If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Well if the first boat has landed, then that means my RX400h is also on the boat (according to the dealer..) Original delivery date was scheduled for 25 November, but that's been brought forward to the 18th as of last communication with them. It's apparently being prepped starting on monday or tuesday and the tracker is being installed on the 17th... so fingers crossed !

When it comes time to dump the IS200, I think I'll give very serious consideration to the IS250... hmmm

Leland

I've just a review of the IS250 in the Sun newspaper - highly intellectual reading.

They have basically put mega good reviews about it. In fact I've just had another look through, and can't find any negative comments.

It looks like you're all in for a good drive :D

• 2 weeks later...
seriosuly steve..what do they need 2-3 days to prepare the car from?? dont they come off the back of a massive car trolley truck of sorts?

Car has a pre delivery inspection that includes:-

Removing all the protective film, platics sheets, covers and protectors from all the exterior panels and interior that could be damaged in the long journey from Japan.

The car is then de-waxed - a spray on coating to prevent any corrosion whilst in transit (or stored in a field, in the case of Ford, Vauxhall etc)

Car then has all the tyre pressures set (they come from the factory at 60psi to prevent flat spots forming whilst stationary for weeks whilst at sea / storage.

Then all the fluid levels are checked, filled, adjusted.

The sat nav if fitted is then set up and calibrated.

All the vehicle settings such as auto headlight sensitivity, seat belt warning buzzers, window motor bounce back ratings and position memories, etc, etc, etc, etc are set to comply with the UK market.

Then a general condition report is carried out to confirm there is no damage or defects in the body, interior or any of the car's systems and equipment.

The car is then taken on a small road test to make sure that there are no strange noises, rattles or handling irregularities etc

Finally, the car is then fully valleted (4-6 hours to do it properly) and ready for the customer....

If your car is due to land on a Monday for instance, it might arrive at 5pm. Work then starts on Tuesday, and if the dealer isn't busy with 6 other cars arriving with yours, might be ready for the valleters Wed am. Your car is then ready Wed pm or Thurs am at the earliest.

Hope this answers your question? :)

I was informed my car would be available for collection from Croydon on Tuesday 22 November. Sold my car last week, now told this morning that my IS 250 has not even arrived yet, even though they were expecting it last Friday! With all this work to do, it looks like a visit to the supermarket will be by taxi and three appointments cancelled. Has anyone else experienced this problem with deliveries before?

The Mole said Lexus ordered all the cars they thought would sell for the first batch to arrive in the UK. Fair enough, but there is something wrong here. Many customers like myself ordered their IS250 well in advance, so why aren't those cars sent first?

Lexus Japan have had months to build the cars ordered and deliver them but chose to build and send models someone thought people wanted. Does not say a lot for their legendary first class customer relations service.