Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Upgraded My Internet Speed Now On 22 Meg Adsl

Brettster

Well if any of you are using Ukonline as your ISP, Today they rolled out their ADSL2 22meg service, I was paying £29.99 for the 8 meg service and now I've upgraded to the 22 meg ADSL 2 service for free and it still costs £29.99 per month, bit of a bargain.

The only downside is that ADSL 2 requires a new modem/router and you have to buy the one they are providing at £80, but its a decent one Netgear 834GT so all is not lost.

Also if your with NTL Cable they have just launched their 10 meg service today so if your a 3 meg user now you can upgrade for free to 10 meg.

Anyone had any experience with ADSL2? I get my full 8 megs worth now and Im assuming I should be good for at least 16 megs from the ADSL2 service as im not that far from the exchange. (if usual adsl rules apply to distance) >????

:D :D :D :D

can you not upgrade your NTL online?

Well, I downgraded to the 2MB service a few months ago .... because it wasn't worth the extra 1mb for £15.

Knowing that the lines were going to be upgraded to 10MB I have been waiting for it ........ so really I need to change my service to the 3MB, before getting the 10MB option :shifty:

can you not upgrade your NTL online?

Well, I downgraded to the 2MB service a few months ago .... because it wasn't worth the extra 1mb for £15.

Knowing that the lines were going to be upgraded to 10MB I have been waiting for it ........ so really I need to change my service to the 3MB, before getting the 10MB option :shifty:

Will you not go up to 4Mb anyway?

The rollouts are done region by region and are probably based on other internal network upgrade work so it may be a month before everybody is upgraded.

Not that there really is a need to 10Mbps unless you are using the ISPs internal servers etc. Finding a server out on the net that will give you that much bandwidth would be difficult.

Also if your with NTL Cable they have just launched their 10 meg service today so if your a 3 meg user now you can upgrade for free to 10 meg.

got any linkage for this Brett?

cant see anything on their website - would quite like to sign up myself

i thought NTL are rolling it out over the course of a year...

i also want the link to upgrade :D

Sorry Guys im not on NTL but my friend is and he said he just went to NTL's home page and signed in and it asked him if he wanted to upgrade.

As Colin said it may not be open to everyone at the moment, it is in Leeds.

give NTHELL a ring and ask them when?

Just spoken to NTL.

They said, that basically ........ by the end of December, everyone on the 3MB service will be upgraded to the 10MB service.

I said, well If I upgrade to the 3MB now, will I have 10mb at the end of the phone call.

They said, "no, we don't know exactly when you will get the 10MB, we just know that you will get it by the end of December"

So I said "no probs, I'll wait till the end of December then, as I could potentially upgrade to 3MB now, but have to wait till then anyway !"

B)

Nice my 22MB is all activated while I've been away, time to play with the line, still got my old ADSL router plugged in and she's maxxed out at 8672/768 - what a slow connection :lol:

See you lot later when I get this lot working!

You also with UK Online?

mines working

but the best I can get is around 16 meg :(

but thats due to the fact that im about 2.3km away from the exchange

but finding things to download at full speed is even harder my newsgroups seem to top out at 10 megs !!! who you with for news Aido? Im with Newshosting

Yes pal with UKO, connection speed is 16273/766, not performing as well as before, need to try some tests now to see where the issue is!

For news I use Clara and Easynews fella! Looks like I need to fiddle with the routes as news traffic isn't running that quickly, whereas a download from MS (full XP2 install ~ 266MB took 3:14 - not a bad result!!!