Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Performance Discs/pads

mark.w

After purchasing ebc discs and pads for my is200 my brake performance is rubbish after a chat with ebc they said i would need to replace the rear set up too to balance the braking forces. This i did and there seems no improvement, infact after heavy braking today i was pleased to see smoke coming from the calipers, not bad for £600+ of performance parts :angry: . So Iam after some good advice as to which pad best stops a is200 with moderate to heavy braking as this current set up is about to be thrown through ebc's windows.

I got EBC "Greenstuff" pads on standard discs, no issues at all, I think that the braking is better than the standard pads I had before.

If the pads are new it could be the "easy bed" or whatever its called coating that was smoking rather than the pad it's self.

I got EBC "Greenstuff" pads on standard discs, no issues at all, I think that the braking is better than the standard pads I had before.

If the pads are new it could be the "easy bed" or whatever its called coating that was smoking rather than the pad it's self.

dont think so ii've done a steady 1000 miles with them there never seems to be any bite though just progressive braking

on the front SToptech floating discs 4 pot calipers Mintex pads, rear completely std

on the drift car

Supra discs, LS400 calipers Mintex pads, rear completely std

alot of people seem to be saying mintex but then at one stage i heard ebc where good now iam inclined to be leaning to your fair opinion. think i might keep the discs just replace the pads

well if your running them with std discs your not running them as EBC intended, what you are actually doing is prematurely wearing the disc material as EBC pads are very abrasive....FACT

No got robbed for the full discs and pads all round but somethings got to change

well if your running them with std discs your not running them as EBC intended, what you are actually doing is prematurely wearing the disc material as EBC pads are very abrasive....FACT

No got robbed for the full discs and pads all round but somethings got to change

I was going to get some of the turbo grooved discs. But going by your post i dont think i'll bother.

I was going to get some of the turbo grooved discs. But going by your post i dont think i'll bother.

dont get me wrong the discs look mean as hell and to be honest like the fella for ebc said discs dont really aid braking itself just they can take more abuse,and on that note when my pads were virtually on fire today the disc sat there happy as larry

as i said all EBC stuff for cars is *****.

in my opinion stick with std discs and use a Quality pad.

well iam thinkin of going down the mintex route if there good just wondering if to chance fitting the pads myself not done them before, anyone else done one

i'm gonna try out black diamond brakes, got them on my mondeo and have always been happy with their performance.

seen them reviewed a while ago think it was a max power mass brake test think they did quite well, could do with something simular now to see what gets best results

I have just been told by Lexus that the front brake discs are getting towards the minimum, might explain the squeling :tomato:

Anyway, i was looking on fleabay at these and was wondering if anybody had them installed

Ebay linky

How easy are the discs to change myself? any special tools required? Pads I can do. Also would you recommend I install the braided hoses as well, coz this looks more tricky and will they need draining if i do?

Cheers

Lee.

well after some talk with ebc and the helpfull guys at elite (london) there going to replace both front and back pads from greenstuff to redstuff for free so hopefully this should sort it as they stop a scooby 10+ metres quicker than standards

Hi all!!

Iam new to the LOC site so HELLO!! :D :D

Just in reply to you all about the brake discs, i have just replaced both front calipers, discs and iam about to replace the pads.

Iam using Mintex front discs, £95 from Prolex! (good price) and i have just ordered new pads all round (Mintex again) from Prolex.

The Discs are bedding in very nicely now with the old pads!

The key to getting good brakes is the way they are fitted and bedded in, dont just rip the old off and fit the new!! Take your time and the results will be excellent.

I really wouldnt spend to much on discs as the drilled and groved ones are a waste of time, look good, but thats about it!! :winky:

:driving: