Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Dream Is Over

Niraj

I have considered this situation. There was a car coming in the opposite direction which quite possibly could have set the Gatso off. I'm hoping this was the case. I've tried not to let it bother me too much.

Anyway, who wants to hear more stories?

Has everyone seen the pics of the Lancer i wrote off, the Lexus with the damage, and the Citroen being welded? Yes? Good... well that's my dad's workshop. He's had it since November 1995. It's a safe little village, with absolutely no worries. My lexus keys were locked away, where we keep all the car keys that are being stored.

On the night of 17th November 2005, 2 guys, broke in through the reception door and raided the place. The office windows were smashed, and the entire office vandalized. There is a showroom next to us, which is currently displaying a really nice motorbike. They attempted to break through the tripleglazing, but to no avail. They looked for car keys, but found nothing.

The office used to be the place of MOT books, but our station was Computerised in April, so they found nothing, got away with nothing, but left alot of mess and damage. It's really getting tough.

I've been having to deal with the Police, Building Insurers let alone the mess that's still going.

when i began this thread i searched for sympathy and confidence, now i'm just here to tell a story... Oh what a nightmare... :(

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crikey!!!!!! i thought i had bad luck, well i do and its not just with cars, but keep ya chin up mate, things will get better, trust me! i know its hard but just try and remain as positive as you can and take things one step at a time without worrying about everything that's going on at the same time. it WILL get better and it WILL get sorted, and then looking back you may even smile about it all!

JUST IN >

more bad news:

the insurance company assessor has confirmed a PreAccident Value for the Lancer of £300... I'm fuming! My dad isn't happy either because it's worth a little bit more than that. Now to start the negotiations.

Bleedin' hell! Things really are rock bottom for you. :(

Look at it this way - you've had so much bad luck this last month or so that you are owed a run of a few years with only good fortune! I don't think i've ever heard such a run of bad luck before, I really do feel sorry for you mate.

So on saturday, I replaced lower suspension arms, and bottom ball joints on both sides, which kind of straightened up the angles. The camber for the NSF is fine, but the distance of the OSF wheel was too far forward. Dad suspected it to be the tie rod, which appeared stretched on first glance.

I also managed to get a new wheel for the NSF, cut the holes for the washer lamps and parking sensors...

here's the progress >

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

New Wheel

008.jpg

:)

Niraj, glad that it's starting to come together for you a bit mate :)

Got a couple of questions for you with regards to the TTE bumper on your car?

Did you cut the washer holes with the bumper ON the car? Thought this when I first saw the other pics because they are actually marked on the underside for cutting.......If so how did you do it/measure it and was it dificult?

Will the bumper have to come off to fit the actual washer mechanics and fog lights now it's fitted? (or is the bumper fitted loosely on to see how it lines up?).

How easy is it to fit the washer brackets to the rear of the bumper and how is it retained?

Will it be sprayed on or off the car?

Hope you don't mind the questions, but this is the first time I've seen the bumper fitting "in progress"........ :)

I've got a TTE bumper and was wondering if I should use the washers or not on it, hence my interest on how yours comes out. Any further pics would be a bonus :winky:

Gonna look great with the dark headlights :driving:

Keith

Hi guys, things are moving along well with the car, i will more updated pics up tonight. But nothing visual has happened.

Once the OSF tie rod was replaced, it pulled back the wheel in line with the other. The 'toe-in' is pretty good now, although the steering wheel is off... i'll get Tony (WIM) to check this out for me, if he's available, sometime soon.

The car drives straight, and smooth.... just how we all like it :) aside from the drifters here :winky:

Keith (Cous3) >>>

I cut the washer holes in the bumper, while it was off the car. The bumper is only temporarily placed on the car because it will need to be removed to 'prep' before painting. It wasn't difficult to cut. A 20mm hole cutter for the washer groove, and a few more in the corners, using a curved file, it was almost as good as factory cut holes.

As the bumper is only loosely fitted, it will come off again, to fit the washers and fog saddle.

I've not even had a chance to strip the washer mechanism off the old bumper yet, but as Mat quoted, i foresee a bit of cutting / bending... nothing to serious though, to get it to fit.

The bumper in this instance will be prepped off the car, and then sprayed on the car. This is because i'm getting the front wings, and bonnet sprayed at the same time, to have it all blended.

As for fitting the washers on your new bumper, it's a choice totally up to you. I personally wouldn't want the facility of headlamp washers to go to waste, hence the reason i'm fitting them.

I've seen the dark headlamps in the "flesh" (so-to-speak) and OMG, they are astoundingly gorgeous.... Can't wait to fit them :D :D

With my PIAA bulbs, they will look a treat :)

(wait for the progress pics tonight...) :winky:

Yup :D its getting sorted....

So here's the pics after getting the new tie rod on... it's pulled the wheel back in line, and sits well on the ramp

009.jpg

010.jpg

Its been at our spray shop monday evening... here you see it sitting patiently.

011.jpg

012.jpg

The wheel and arch line, is definately sitting alot better. :D

In the prep shop (before spraying).

So these are a few pics from yesterday.

013.jpg

NSF wing, sanded and smoothed, to allow the front bumper and bonnet to blend in well with the passenger side of the car.

014.jpg

The TTE front bumper, sanded and smoothed (easier to work with it off the car)

015.jpg

The bonnet, sanded and smoothed for a fresh coat of Platinum Ice...

016.jpg

The door, filled, shaped, sanded and smoothed where the nasty dent once lived.

017.jpg

The OSF wing, yet to be sanded and smoothed, before its ready for priming and painting.

018.jpg

That bonnet is so smooth to touch, it's going to look beautiful when it's finished.

:D

Guys I need urgent advice, or maybe even opinions.

Does everyone remember the Lancer / BMW accident i had on the 12th of November? Scroll back a few pages if you can't.

Well basically he admitted full liability for the accident, and on the 16th of November i was given a hire car. Well basically I only accepted the hire car, on the grounds that the BMW driver had accepted full liability. This was the case, and the car was delivered on the wednesday.

The hire company have now requested their car back, as the BMW driver has retracted liability (a full 15 days later!) How can this be possible? The driver has basically changed his mind, and he now wishes to pursue a claim against me!!!

I fear that he has been speaking with friends or family, and he is pursuing some sort of personal injury claim, even though the accident was caused by him.

Can somebody who has a legal background or insurance background please lend me some advice, as this stress is really not doing me any good.

I've now gone from low, to a static, to a lower point in my life.

:crybaby:

You should have legal help under your home insurance and/or your car insurance so if you can, speak to them. Try to just take a step back and let the insurance company deal with the arguing between the 2 parties. If you feel that you are not happy with your insurance company though there are steps you can take that should get you some results;

1. Find out the companies complaints procedure and follow it. Put everything in writing, try not to moan, stick to the facts. Give them a timeframe to contact you in, and wait for them to contact you. I know this is all VERY stressful but don't allow all of this to run your life at the moment. You have had an accident and although this other seems to be behaving like a schlong, don't allow him to waste some of your spare time as well. So if you have stuff to sort out, calls to make/letters to write, etc, just set aside a max of an hour a day.

2. If the insurance company do not respond in a way you find satisfactory, you can then contact the Financial Ombudsman. The whole financial industry cack themselves when regulators get involved and so if it has gotten that far you should be reasurred the end is in sight.

Good luck, and I love the tints you have. I'm not a fan of tinted windows but you have the darkness spot on.

I don't mean to alarm you, but I can foresee this one getting very out of hand.

Did he retract liability, as in did he admit it was his fault to his insurance company and then withdraw it, or did he admit fault to you, and then tell his insurance company that it was your fault?

If the second, I'm pretty sure that the best you can expect is a 50:50 cos he's been rear-ended. However, if its the first, I have no idea but its gotta lie more in your favour (because he doesn't seem to know what's going on)

I'm not sure you remember but back in Feb I was a 3 car pile up (I was in the middle) and it was all started by the car behind me. He admitted fault (he wasn't looking), also to the police who attended, and all seemed fine. However, he then told his insurance company that I hit the guy infront of me first, and that made him run into the back of me. That was all it took to become a huge battle that lasted for 8 months :angry:

I'm hoping you won't have to go through any more pain than you already have, but I think you need to be prepared for this one going sour, because as you hit him from behind (despite not being your fault), its hard to prove that you weren't at fault, unless you have witnesses

:(

He admitted fault to me, tried to pay me off... then tried to pay my dad off, but the value wasn't sufficient to cover cost of damages.

He then admitted liability to his insurance company, who came and inspected my vehicle. They wrote it off.

A week later the insurance company rings up my Action Claims advisor, and said they are retracting liability upon new evidence. I have not heard anything since.

I have since informed my insurance company of the turn around, and they have said it was a clear cut "he pulled out on me" situation, and didn't stop at the GiveWay signs... I'll post up the diagram i'm sending them. You will see what i mean.

I was waiting to hear from my claim manager on monday, but he has not returned the call. I wonder what is going on!???

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links