Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone I am getting a GS tomorrow and the dealer has fitted a Nokia car kit I supplied but reports that they are unable to use the stock antenna for some reason which is not clear.

I understand that the antenna on the roof is a combined GPS and GSM unit and I expected it to be wired to the front of the car somewhere.

Does anyone know what the score is. Is the roof antenna for a phone? Where is the cable? What do I need to connect it to my Nokia kit.

Cheers

what version of GS asre you getting?

IMO the easiest way if you really need an external antenna (many modern phones don't now) is to use a tax disk holder antenna - very cheap and easy to install.

Late 2002 Gangsta black ... very low mileage ex Lexus management.

The problem seems to be that the cable on the stock antenna is not long enough to reach the dash mounted nokia cradle. If someone can tell me how to locate the cable I am sure I can make an extension. If not tax disc holders here I come.

Thanks

I wasn't aware that the Mk2 GS had an inbuilt antenna - where is it on the car?

I just replaced my phone for a Nokia 6230i which doesn't use an external antenna at all when it's on the Nokia car kit - works fine without one. You might just want to see how you get on without it.

I wasn't aware that the Mk2 GS had an inbuilt antenna - where is it on the car?

I just replaced my phone for a Nokia 6230i which doesn't use an external antenna at all when it's on the Nokia car kit - works fine without one.  You might just want to see how you get on without it.

Hi Rodders it's on the roof small rubber job I believe is phone & GPS antenna. According to the Lexus technician, the cable for phone connection goes under the centre console between the seats but will not reach the front. Do you know how to get under the console?.

I have a stick on antenna but would like to use the fitted one.

Flip open the centre armrest box (open the bottom one) to get it out of the way.

The wood bit (together with the plastic cupholder and stuff) is clipped in, it pulls upwards, then slides towards the back of the car. The ashtray's also clipped to it, but this can be taken off afterwards.

As soon as it's pulled up, reach under and unplug the VSC, seat heat and ECT switches. When sliding out, reach behind and unplug the ashtray. Oh, and put it into gear or you won't get it out.

Flip open the centre armrest box (open the bottom one) to get it out of the way.

The wood bit (together with the plastic cupholder and stuff) is clipped in, it pulls upwards,  then slides towards the back of the car.  The ashtray's also clipped to it, but this can be taken off afterwards.

As soon as it's pulled up, reach under and unplug the VSC, seat heat and ECT switches.  When sliding out, reach behind and unplug the ashtray.  Oh, and put it into gear or you won't get it out.

Thanks I'll give it a go. It goes against the grain somehow to not use what is fitted as standard.

Thanks again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links