Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Freeview Who Knows About It?

My son has recently moved to on campus University, tokk a portable tv with him and as they are only allowed indoor signals it's pretty dismal picture shadowing and snowy etc.

I was thinking if he had a freeview box would he have the same problem as it feeds from the normal aerial or is there a possibility it would work OK?

i used it in Glasgow, dumfries, wolverhampton, and down here in hants no probs has to be didgy complient or it wont work properly, best of luck if he has just got to uni, rekon he will be in the battle crusier most of the time for the first few months any ways LOL (i was)

the problem with freeview is that is has to have a good strong signal, reflections from buildings and ghosts are a thing of the past with digital but if the signal isnt strong enough then you wont get anything, with analog you'll get something even if its poor.

most freeview boxes come with a built in strength meter so you can set it up and angle the ariel to get the best signal, just check all the channels as one can be great and the others not at all.

When my sister went to uni shie had a problem with this, on a small portable TV and she was getting a terribly snowy picture, she bought a mains powered ariel booster for it. Makes a staggering difference. You can pick them up for about a tenner or less in B&Q or equivilant - plug booster into mains, plug the booster into tv ariel and then plug the set top ariel into the booster. She only used a crappy set top ariel too, so try that first before you go and spend lots on a fancy flat jobbie.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links