Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Maybe Be Getting A New Gs430

Hi,

I just picked up a new model GS430 Saturday. I have previously had three GS300's, one mark1 and two mark 2s (the last two both new, the last one a satnav / Levinson model). The new GS430 is a significant improvement on an already good model. Apart from the wealth of new technology, it looks great and drives / handles amazingly, especially with the sport suspension and power switches set. I took it to one of my favourite twisties today - it corners amazingly (I am also a K1200s motorcycle rider so am used to pressing on), it is almost flat through the bends and the feel is great. It is much, much better than I was expecting. If you want to cruise at low or high speed it is almost silent and the radar cruise control is an excellent piece of kit for de-stressing. I would wholly recommend buying one although suggest a used demonstrator to save money - I saved nearly £9K over new.

Best regards,

Marcus.

Thanks for the update - I have already a test drive and like it a lot. I was worried it would be noisy compared to my LS but it wasn't bad at all. Negotiating on a new one at the moment although I doubt I'll get 9K off! :D

Any owners of new GS who have had theirs for a while got any horror stories?

Thanks.

what are u on about? almost falt round corners?? :ohmy:

i really dont think so although it isnt bad!

no prblems so far since sept!! still loviong it

I think you've misunderstood what he said, flat around corners is a good thing, means the car has less body roll :)

Only took it for a test drive myself, but the 430 was a really great drive. The only thing I didn't like was the road noise at speed, but that could be fixed with different tyres as kazdul said. I would also buy an ex-demo, because they seem to be losing so much value within the first three months :crybaby:

Hi,

I am in the market for a new GS430 hopefully and was wondering if any owners of the new shape GS could offer an opinion.  Are you pleased with the new model??

Thanks.

So; ....are you trading your LS430 (already!!)??

Or should I be saving up to make you an offer?

Was sorely tempted by a 35K miles one at £19K the other day. Red too!

yep trading LS already :)

The LS is a wonderful car but have changed jobs so doing lots more miles and having to use more multi-storey car parks and the LS is a long old car.

The definition of bravery is to try and reverse park an LS in a London car park :D

Ordered my GS yesterday - still get the benefits of Lexus ownership, the lovely V8 and even though it is only a foot shorter, the ability to park it without risk of heart attack. But just in case I ordered a silver one to hide the scratches. :P

yep trading LS already  :)

The LS is a wonderful car but have changed jobs so doing lots more miles and having to use more multi-storey car parks and the LS is a long old car.

The definition of bravery is to try and reverse park an LS in a London car park  :D

Ordered my GS yesterday - still get the benefits of Lexus ownership, the lovely V8 and even though it is only a foot shorter, the ability to park it without risk of heart attack.  But just in case I ordered a silver one to hide the scratches. :P

Sorry! Ignore question on other link!

I've been pondering whether to shift up to the 430, and it's always best to pick a Owners Club member.

My onlt reason for upgrading is the security of Traction control really, as the Ser 3 is more than enough for my occasional trip needs really! (Though reading the 430 brochure starts the salivation.....)

what are u on about? almost falt round corners?? :ohmy:

i really dont think so although it isnt bad!

no prblems so far since sept!! still loviong it

I think you've misunderstood what he said, flat around corners is a good thing, means the car has less body roll :)

Only took it for a test drive myself, but the 430 was a really great drive. The only thing I didn't like was the road noise at speed, but that could be fixed with different tyres as kazdul said. I would also buy an ex-demo, because they seem to be losing so much value within the first three months :crybaby:

no i knew what he was on about but i just dont think it was that flat round corners, there is some roll! but it was ok, its perfectly good at reasonable speeds but if u push it a bit u can definitely feel it! just my opinion