Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Top Gear Survey

Great news that the IS200/300 came 2nd in the Top Gear survey.

I must say I was chuffed to bits to hear this as it must help with resale / depreciation in view of the new IS250 coming out. Adding to that will probably increase sales of the new IS as well!

Will drive to work tomorrow with a :D on my face!

Oh, it was beaten by the S2000 and the RX came third.

Will drive to work tomorrow with a  :D on my face!

Hey, since buying my Sportcross I drive EVERYWHERE with a smile on my face :lol:

Last 10

150: Citroën Xsara

151: Peugeot 206

152: Renault Mégane (Nov '02 on)

153: Rover 25

154: Fiat Stilo

155: Mercedes M-Class

156: Renault Laguna

157: Renault Espace

158: Peugeot 307

159: Peugeot 807

There is also a decent write up in the test drives of teh IS250 in this months Top gear magazine, which shows the survey as well by Tom Ford. Cant believe top gear grudgingly giving it positive reviews....wonder what JC will add on the used/buy section - where he normally qoutes "alan partridge normally loves his" heh

i had a huge smile on my face when they announced on top gear last night that lexus came third and second. Jap at the top, not that its a surprise!!!!!!

Jason :P

It makes you wonder what the S2000 has got? Winner two years in a row. Have never been in one but compare it with IS200. 4 banger, manual only, black leather or black leather with red trim, big red button on dash (what for?) about as sophisticated as a 'Focus'. Then take a look at Honda's website and compare it with Lexus and the whole of their promotional machine. Begs the question why isn't the IS no.1?

i had a huge smile on my face when they announced on top gear last night that lexus came third and second. Jap at the top, not that its a surprise!!!!!!

It makes you wonder what the S2000 has got? Winner two years in a row. Have never been in one but compare it with IS200. 4 banger, manual only, black leather or black leather with red trim, big red button on dash (what for?) about as sophisticated as a 'Focus'. Then take a look at Honda's website and compare it with Lexus and the whole of their promotional machine. Begs the question why isn't the IS no.1?

It is loads of fun to drive with the 9000rpm redline. An MX-5 on steroids. A true roadster without reliability problems.

Owners are very pleased I'm sure :)

RX-Men-8

the logic in that statement tere, well it is the wrong way round.

the survey isnt on the car, its on the reliability.

would you honestly put the is200 the 2nd best car in the world?

i think not

I must say I was chuffed to bits to hear this as it must help with resale / depreciation in view of the new IS250 coming out. Adding to that will probably increase sales of the new IS as well!

Will drive to work tomorrow with a  :D on my face!

Good to hear :D

I purchased my IS based on looking at previous Top Gear car suveys.

D.

boy oh boy oh boy was that glossed over!!!

no mention of the lexus being in the top 3 for almost as long as the survey has been going............

they really don`t like anything other than the usual bm/merc/porsche/ferrari mix do they?

Still it is called Top Gear and not Realistic Driving i suppose. :D

boy oh boy oh boy was that glossed over!!!

no mention of the lexus being in the top 3 for almost as long as the survey has been going............

they really don`t like anything other than the usual bm/merc/porsche/ferrari mix do they?

Still it is called Top Gear and not Realistic Driving i suppose.  :D

Well judging by the survey at least the readership/viewers take what they say with a pinch of salt, and make their own minds up. :driving:

Dan