Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Missing Key

leedsunited

When I purchased my RX300SE-L in August the dealer only had 2 keys, 1 black that I use as normal and 1 grey which i keep as the spare, I have previously had 2 Lexus and all came with 3 keys, the dealer told me that it was not important that i only had 2 keys, can anybody advise if they are correct.

Thanks

You can get another master key at the moment, it will cost about £150ish to be purchased and coded to the vehicle. But once you lose all the master keys you will need a lock set and engine ECU as the car needs a master key to code from.

You can get another master key at the moment, it will cost about £150ish to be purchased and coded to the vehicle.  But once you lose all the master keys you will need a lock set and engine ECU as the car needs a master key to code from.

master keys can be programmed without another master on 2000+ models (except IS200). The Lexus diagnostic tools allows this if a special code is entered so the ECU doesn't have to be reprogrammed but do UK dealers know about this? Safer to have two masters.

I would also be worried that there is a key around somewhere that can used on your vehicle. Your dealer should be able to wipe keys from the memory and just program in the ones you have.

ss002l01.pdf

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links