Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello everyone. I've spent the last few days trawling through many of your comments and suggestions and everything Lexus-based. A brilliant job guys - and very informative for the complete Lexus novice that I am.

I'm very close to purchasing my first Lexus - an LS400. I've looked at a couple including one that said it was in 'mint condition' with 84K for only £900. While it drove beautifully, it was clearly more than a bit dodgy and I think that a '2' or even a '3' had been left off the front of the '84k' (!)

While I know that an early LS400 isn't the most appropriate car for the poor student that I am, it has been a dream of mine for many years to own one, and I will be taking some long road trips in the next month, so was hoping to find a nice wafting silent Lexus rather than being subjected to a Seat Arosa from London to Aberdeen! My plan is to keep the car only for a short time to give me a taste of the Lexus drug, after which I'm sure I'll be well and truly addicted!

Does anyone know of a reasonable LS400 for sale? My budget is probably unrealistically low...

Thanks again for your brilliant forums on Lexus and I hope that I can become a full-blown (i.e. Lexus owning!) member soon!

CHRIS

Well, kinda. I'm an organist, but not full-time, and I've never studied music "properly". I sold out and went into finance instead.

However, I regularly drive my girlfriend mad by listening to Purcell etc. and singing along to countertenor parts. It's not a pleasant experience for her, I can assure you! I particularly enjoy mangling "Tis Nature's Voice" (from the St. Cecilia Ode). It virtually guarantees privacy.

To any innocent bystanders, my apologies for going so far :offtopic:

Si

Well, kinda. I'm an organist, but not full-time, and I've never studied music "properly". I sold out and went into finance instead.

However, I regularly drive my girlfriend mad by listening to Purcell etc. and singing along to countertenor parts. It's not a pleasant experience for her, I can assure you! I particularly enjoy mangling "Tis Nature's Voice" (from the St. Cecilia Ode). It virtually guarantees privacy.

To any innocent bystanders, my apologies for going so far  :offtopic:

Si

Well, it's good to know that you have another interest besides LSs! ("Best car to listen and sing along in" award coming up here?)

Is Julio Iglesias a counter tenor? (well he's got plenty to count!)

Music and Hi-Fi is my main interest......

You won't find a well looked after/unabused/pampered LS400 on a very low budget. Budget motoring and luxury cars don't really mix in the same sentence.

You may well find a heap of metal that will present you with huge repair bills.

Bear in mind, it was designed and built to sell for 50 grand brand new, so it's just a bit more complex than a Corolla!

That said, if you find one in your budget and it drives well, enjoy!

If you are into music, the the stereo in the LS400 is the one for you.

Pretty unsphisticated to look at , but the quality and performance of it is OUTSTANDING I regulary have it at Full-Tilt just to remind myself of the power this car has on-tap.