Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ahhh Romantic Meal For Two?

Claire G

My husband has been an angel recently, helped me out with loads of stuff etc. so I thought I'd cook a nice meal for us last night as I rarely cook....

Easy to see why I don't cook often. In the first couple of seconds whizzing up the blender to make breadcrumbs, I managed to blend my finger. Our 'romantic' evening turned to a 2 hour wait in casualty, followed by take-away pizza :duh: :lol:

Still, means Si will still be doing the cooking at home!

My husband has been an angel recently, helped me out with loads of stuff etc. so I thought I'd cook a nice meal for us last night as I rarely cook....

Easy to see why I don't cook often. In the first couple of seconds whizzing up the blender to make breadcrumbs, I managed to blend my finger. Our 'romantic' evening turned to a 2 hour wait in casualty, followed by take-away pizza  :duh:  :lol:

Still, means Si will still be doing the cooking at home!

OMG - couple of questions :

a) Did you blend your finger really bad ?

B) How long did it take you type your message ? :D

c) What were you planning on cooking ?

hmm you should have taken a photo of your blended finger for us to see

we seem to like carnage on this forum lol

could have been turned into one of those priceless adverts then!

hope its ok tho :)

LOL @ Lex-aholic!!!

I was *trying* to cook herb-crusted cod with cherry tomato sauce. I did it making breadcrumbs. Next time it's gonna be ready meals from Marks and Spencers!!!!

Thank heavens for ready made meals.

Maybe you should take up a microwave cookery course :winky:

I'm a dab hand with the timing on those things

Going back to your industrial accident.....

Does this mean that you put your fingers in the blender, and then pressed the button wih your other hand ? :duh:

It has.....Frankenstein's finger!

@Lex-aholic....stupidly, very stupidly, I tried to get some bread out that was stuck in the blade. As I did it, I must have pressed the button.

In the words of Homer Simpson...D'OH!

Or in this case, Dough?

It has.....Frankenstein's finger!

@Lex-aholic....stupidly, very stupidly, I tried to get some bread out that was stuck in the blade. As I did it, I must have pressed the button.

In the words of Homer Simpson...D'OH!

:lol::lol: I thought you were going to say that the finger is okay really, it was the fact that you broke a nail which distressed you

ouch! that sounds nasty claire. hope the fingers ok and at least you have a good excuse to never cook now...

Wise words indeed.. :huh: I hate cooking :ohmy: never minced my finger though :crybaby: so in the book of Bones i recommend the following.

Monday: Chinky

Tuesday: Kebab

Wednesday: Mc D

Thursday: Pizza

Friday: Indian

Saturday: Kebab

Sunday:.......Kebab

'note to self cut down on the Kebabs!

Anyhoo in about a week your finger should! to grow back? and then guess what :blink: then you can dial for the Chinky/Kebab/Mc D/Pizza/Indian/Kebab/Kebab :winky: forget that cooking lark!.... it's a war zone.

ouch! that sounds nasty claire. hope the fingers ok and at least you have a good excuse to never cook now...

Wise words indeed.. :huh: I hate cooking :ohmy: never minced my finger though :crybaby: so in the book of Bones i recommend the following.

Anyhoo in about a week your finger should! to grow back? and then guess what :blink: then you can dial for the Chinky/Kebab/Mc D/Pizza/Indian/Kebab/Kebab :winky: forget that cooking lark!.... it's a war zone.

Wow - I can see you're not a health freak then ! :lol:

Then again, why do the cooking when you can pay someone else

wow!! :ohmy: that matches my menu

well allmost , we dont have mc donalds ,.... far too unhealthy :P

Wow - I can see you're not a health freak then ! :lol:

Then again, why do the cooking when you can pay someone else

Naaah life is to short, fingers to long :ohmy: my attitude is be the best you can! with the materials you have and welcome the results..! if you are lucky then all is well...... :D if not.. it's 'Pants'...... :crybaby: we only own our results but desire our ambitions. (with fingers)