Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I'm Upgrading My Car

Hi,

I've sold my IS200 SE as the mileage was creeping up and I want to add a bit more money and get one that's lower mileage.

I've seen a Y reg SE 81,000k full service history but needs a service now. It's a private sale and is HPi clear. The guys willing to take £7900.

Does that sound OK any advise is most welcome

it's silver

Hi,

I've sold my IS200 SE as the mileage was creeping up and I want to add a bit more money and get one that's lower mileage.

I've seen a Y reg SE 81,000k full service history but needs a service now.  It's a private sale and is HPi clear.  The guys willing to take £7900.

it's silver

What kinda condition is it in ?

Why won't he service it before selling it ?

Hi,

I've seen a Y reg SE 81,000k full service history but needs a service now.  It's a private sale and is HPi clear.   The guys willing to take £7900.

it's silver

The cars in excellent condition but has 2 stone chips the alloys are much better than my old one which were starting to corrode quite badly.

The cambelt has also been changed but it won't get the 80k service done and he won't budge on the price is £7900 too much?

Hi,

I've seen a Y reg SE 81,000k full service history but needs a service now.  It's a private sale and is HPi clear.   The guys willing to take £7900.

it's silver

The cars in excellent condition but has 2 stone chips the alloys are much better than my old one which were starting to corrode quite badly.

The cambelt has also been changed but it won't get the 80k service done and he won't budge on the price is £7900 too much?

Sounds like a good deal to me then. Maybe the price is quite cheap coz like others on here they're just having problems selling cars at the mo.

You'll just have to bear in mind that if you take it to Lexus for an 80k service, it could put a few more hundred quid on the £7900

Have you pressed all the buttons, and checked things like the stereo to make sure it all works ?

If it really is as good as you're saying, I think I'd consider parting with my £7900 (just give him a couple of nudges on the price and see if he'll budge - he can only say no). :winky:

Hi,

I've seen a Y reg SE 81,000k full service history but needs a service now.  It's a private sale and is HPi clear.  The guys willing to take £7900.

it's silver

81,000 miles and thats lower mileage! :ohmy:

Hi,

it's silver

Yep to me 81,000 is lower. My first one had 94,000 from what I've read mileage doesn't matter too much on the is200 provided it's been looked after.

Everything works but if I buy it I'll get it serviced by a local garage and not Lexus as it would kill me. I'm thinking of http://www.nationwideautocentre.com

They seem good take a look at what they check for a full service this looks more comprehensive than Lexus?

I'm having second thoughts......81,000 on the clock is ok isn't it???

Hi,

it's silver

Yep to me 81,000 is lower. My first one had 94,000 from what I've read mileage doesn't matter too much on the is200 provided it's been looked after.

Everything works but if I buy it I'll get it serviced by a local garage and not Lexus as it would kill me. I'm thinking of http://www.nationwideautocentre.com

They seem good take a look at what they check for a full service this looks more comprehensive than Lexus?

I'm having second thoughts......81,000 on the clock is ok isn't it???

That's where I'm taking mine for a service in Jan. I've took about 5/6 cars there and they don't try to cheat you out of anything.

81,000 is a tiny bit over the top, but nothing that would really concern me that much. I suppose it depends how many miles you are going to put on top each year.

80k is a tad bit too much.. have you compared cars on autotrader??

as soon as you do 19K miles the car wont be worth much

The Big LS's are a different kettle of fish when it comes to high mileage.