Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I Blew My Engine!

SpOcK

I was just on my way back from work, when suddenly when pulling away from junction, there was the LOUDEST bang followed by a mix of clinging and rattling noises... :tsktsk:

I shut the engine immediately and pulled off. I then went back to see what I've left behing, and collected a handful of different engine parts off the road, including a piece of block wall and a conrod bolt. :o

So, now I'm in need of an engine, or at least "bottom end". Anyone got one?

I was just on my way back from work, when suddenly when pulling away from junction, there was the LOUDEST bang followed by a mix of clinging and rattling noises...  :tsktsk:

I shut the engine immediately and pulled off. I then went back to see what I've left behing, and collected a handful of different engine parts off the road, including a piece of block wall and a conrod bolt.  :o

So, now I'm in need of an engine, or at least "bottom end". Anyone got one?

WOW mate thats bad :o Monster-Matt has one for sale :D or you can try prolex Dave has new one with all steel inside, done oooo miles :D

Edited by Monster-Mat

WOW mate thats bad  :o  Monster-Matt has one for sale  :D or you can try prolex Dave has new one with all steel inside, done oooo miles  :D

OK, cheers mate!

Matt? Dave? :unsure:

:crying:  :crybaby:  :tsktsk:  :sick:  :ph34r:

Have you been running on stock internals or have already fitted the forged ones?? :o

Still std internals, mate. That's why they couldn't take the abuse anymore... :crybaby::angry:

I've got a std one 70000 miles from my old car (all good)

also one with 16000 miles on (in my car now)

and the zero miles all steel one

shipping will be the problem.

I could get a 1g-gte sent to your door...........stronger block up rated internals as std..............

PM me to chat :winky:

When you anyway wasted your old block I'd watch out for the 1G-GTE, 2JZ or anything.  :winky:

1G-GTE would be VERY tempting, but the difficulty would be the ECU and the wiring loom... I wouldn't want to change all the electronics, and even if I did, I couldn't get it through MOT in Finland, as older engines don't utilize OBD-II. :( :angry:

Sounds nasty!

1G-GTE.... i'd do that, 1bar boost with stock internals... 300hp or something like that...

I would do it, if I could run 1G-GTE with my current 1G-FE computer... :blush::crybaby:

Sounds nasty!

1G-GTE.... i'd do that, 1bar boost with stock internals... 300hp or something like that...

I would do it, if I could run 1G-GTE with my current 1G-FE computer... :blush::crybaby:

BUT HEY! Would this be possible if I put in 1G-GTE, but used all my current 1G-FE sensors and ECU?!?! :blink::blink::huh:

Option 1

I'd go with an actual engine.... nothing crappy old junk.

3S-G(T)E Beams IV or 2JZ-GE from the IS300 or Supra engine with the whole ECU wiring and and and.....

.......and then BOOST BOOST BOOST B)

Option 2

1G-GTE with a new programmable standalone ECU :unsure:

Option 1

3S-G(T)E Beams IV or 2JZ-GE from the IS300 or Supra engine with the whole ECU wiring and and and.....

Option 2

As tempting as those options would be, I couldn't do it :angry: as I want to remain street legal, and because of that I need to maintain OBD-II and fulfil Euro III/IV emission requirements. :yawn: Stupid Euro/Finnish legislation! :angry::angry:

Why not get an aftermarket ECU, like Power FC or HKS F-Con?

Power FC can be had for £600 shipped. Thats if they make one for that engine.

As tempting as those options would be, I couldn't do it  :angry: as I want to remain street legal, and because of that I need to maintain OBD-II and fulfil Euro III/IV emission requirements.  :yawn: Stupid Euro/Finnish legislation!  :angry:  :angry:

That's why...

Option 1

Option 2

As tempting as those options would be, I couldn't do it :angry: as I want to remain street legal, and because of that I need to maintain OBD-II and fulfil Euro III/IV emission requirements. :yawn: Stupid/Euro Finnish legislation! :angry::angry:

And with a custom turbocharged IS200 you are street legal?? :blink:

Option 1

Option 2

As tempting as those options would be, I couldn't do it :angry: as I want to remain street legal, and because of that I need to maintain OBD-II and fulfil Euro III/IV emission requirements. :yawn: Stupid/Euro Finnish legislation! :angry::angry:

And with a custom turbocharged IS200 you are street legal?? :blink:

Yes. As crooked as it sounds, that would be street legal, as long as I maintain OBD-II and fulfil EURO III/IV emission regulations. As I said, stupid/Euro Finnish legislation... :crybaby: