Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ice On Inside Of Windscreen

IS300KK

Hi there

It took me 20mins to de-ice the car this morning, mainly because there was a thin layer of ice on the inside of the windscreen.

Is there anything I can do to stop this? There are no damp patches in the carpets etc.

Cheers

Amanda

Little tip that worked for me, before leaving your car to turn off and leave over night, change the air intake settings on the climate control dials.

I started to get simular problems in mine but found that when I left the car in "air circulate" as apose to fresh air coming in, it has pretty muched cured it. Hope this helps buddy :D

Move to a hot country ................  :D

ScarFace ! That's a bit sarcastic for you buddy - good though :lol:

Meanwhile back at the serious answers. Have you tried putting a cover over the windscreen ? I used to get this problem in my veedub. I think it was after I had a new windscreen put in which probably wasn't sealed properly !

Did you have the air-con on when you parked-up? If so, try turning it off 5 or 10 mins before stopping, because otherwise damp air remains in the system and can condense onto the screen.

Did you have the air-con on when you parked-up? If so, try turning it off 5 or 10 mins before stopping, because otherwise damp air remains in the system and can condense onto the screen.

Flippin annoying when this happens to!! :angry:

Thanks guys.

Will switch off aircon, close the vents, and in the meantime get myself some of those moisture-attracting granules used for condensation in houses!

At the moment, the de-icing is taking longer than my drive to work!!

Amanda