Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Finally Deliered

Took delivery of my RX today. Lovely :driving: ... only problem is that the Bluetooth seems very flaky with both of my phones. (Nokia 8910 and Nokia 6680).

They will pair up fine. They connect at first, but once I attempt to do anything with it (calls, transfer phone book, anything at all) they disconnect and will not reconnected unless I delete the pairing on both the RX and the phone and redo the pairing again. I have a cheap £30 Bluetooth hands free kit which works perfectly, so I would have thought that a £40k car would be able to get it right?!?

Other than that, no problems whatsoever with the car. :D

Took delivery of my RX today.  Lovely  :driving: ... only problem is that the Bluetooth seems very flaky with both of my phones.  (Nokia 8910 and Nokia 6680). 

They will pair up fine.  They connect at first, but once I attempt to do anything with it (calls, transfer phone book, anything at all) they disconnect and will not reconnected unless I delete the pairing on both the RX and the phone and redo the pairing again.  I have a cheap £30 bluetooth hands free kit which works perfectly, so I would have thought that a £40k car would be able to get it right?!?

Other than that, no problems whatsoever with the car.  :D

So.....new car, but your first thought was that you couldn't get connected to tell the rest of the world?? I'd be driving to Scotland..... :driving:

Leland,

its unlikely that there's a problem with both phones... I'm guessing that you need to set the phone so that the Lexus is a 'trusted source' which can connect automatically rather than waiting for your permission each time. I had the same issue at first with the phone disconnecting after a few minutes... ensure your phone is 'discoverable' and that the lexus is 'trusted'. Should work fine then. The only problem I have with mine is that my phone automatically locks after a while and once the phone is locked the Bluetooth doesnt respond properly until i unlock it again...

Might be worth getting the firmware on your phones up to date... They're not the latest of phones, and I would think that your firmware is not the most up to date either.

Phone companies tend to release mobile phone firmware to fix Bluetooth connectivity issues.

This does not rule out the RX's own Bluetooth issues - speak to your dealer!

D.

Might be worth getting the firmware on your phones up to date... They're not the latest of phones, and I would think that your firmware is not the most up to date either.

Phone companies tend to release mobile phone firmware to fix bluetooth connectivity issues.

This does not rule out the RX's own bluetooth issues - speak to your dealer!

D.

6680 is a new handset.......

I'm guessing that you need to set the phone so that the Lexus is a 'trusted source' which can connect automatically rather than waiting for your permission each time. 

They're set to trusted and everything is visible... just that the connection drops and doesn't reconnect. hmmmm...

I've got the latest available firmware for the 6680. Both phones work with every other Bluetooth accessory that I have, just not with the RX.

*grumble*

Leland

Good luck with your new car mate ................. will have to show it to us all at the x mas meet !  :D

Will do, mate. I've added a photo to my gallery (in sig) and also to the garage (though it's listed in the garage as the RX300 since there's no category for RX400h).

The Aleutian grey is nicer than I expected, to be honest. I actually quite like the colour. It seems that photographs don't do the colour justice.

Now if only I can get this :tsktsk: Bluetooth working with ANY of my phones :angry:

Leland