Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Pictures

imi

Morning all,

I can't decide weather to lower my IS200 30mm or 35mm, can anyone give me some advice as to how low can i go bearing in mind that i have got the TRD Kit...

The gap between the wheel and archway is pretty big, if anyone has got some pictures of their cars with the trd kit and lowered at 30 or 35mm, could you please post them, as mine is going to get lowered next week.....

(I have seen the gallery, can't tell who got what in.. and whos car is whos)

Much appreciated... ;) :) ;) :)

Imi,

Don't know if I should say this but I contacted a couple of spring manufacturers and they will make custom springs to your exact specification for between £20 and £30 a wheel.

This means the lowering distance, travel, stifness etc. can be made to precisely how you want.

That maybe worth a try to reduce the cost.

Of course the trade off is the quality, the Eiback spring kit is only £30 more expensive and is an internationally recognised name with proven experience on fitting to Lexus. I would always go with recognised manufacturer's to generally get what you pay for - if it's cheap it's cheap for a reason!!

:duh:

This is true Si,

I agree with you whole heartedly, however, as you can define the exact spec yourself you can create exactly the end result you require. If for some reason you decided to lower the front less than the back this can be achieved where, with a standard kit a drop is defined equally from front to rear.

As an engineer I have dealt with alot of companies that produce components to an incredibly high specification, I don't think quality really is an issue here, still at the end of the day people like named parts and there is nothing wrong with that.