Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gs300 Buying Advice/running Costs

Hello,

The lexus GS300 is on my shopping list for my next car. For several previous years I have bought and run high mileage luxury cars. Recently I bought a new car and within 2 months and 3 visits to a main dealer I have realised my mistake (the car bought came 4th in the TG survey!)

So I'm back on the trail of a big luxury car, the GS fits the bill and I have my usual £3kish limit.

I guess the question is can a £3k Lexus GS300 with 100k on the clock be reliable for another 60k miles ? It would beserviced on the dot but at a local garage and not a main dealer. It would be doign 30k miles a year mainly on a motorway.

I would also be interested in the mpg, I was hoping to get almost 30 ?

Thanks for listening, look forward to the answers.

Hello,

The lexus GS300 is on my shopping list for my next car. For several previous years I have bought and run high mileage luxury cars. Recently I bought a new car and within 2 months and 3 visits to a main dealer I have realised my mistake (the car bought came 4th in the TG survey!)

So I'm back on the trail of a big luxury car, the GS fits the bill and I have my usual £3kish limit.

I guess the question is can a £3k Lexus GS300 with 100k on the clock be reliable for another 60k miles ? It would beserviced on the dot but at a local garage and not a main dealer. It would be doign 30k miles a year mainly on a motorway.

I would also be interested in the mpg, I was hoping to get almost 30 ?

Thanks for listening, look forward to the answers.

:) I had a Mark 1 for almost 10 years with 200k on the clock - (can't believe I traded it in for £2k) so yours is just about run in. I always had it serviced at a main dealer and although I paid a heavy price I guess that's what helped keep it on the road. Either way I don't see you'll have any probems - go for it.

I have a Mk2 with 180,000 on the clock and it's perfect.  All my mileage is on the motorway too (about 40k a year) and the computer says that the average consumption is about 24mph (the aircon is always on),

Slightly off topic but...I didn't know there was a computer on the mk2 that gave fuel consumption figures...I always thought it was a bit remiss of Lexus. How can I access it ?