Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Turbo Vs. Super Charging

can we do upping fuel pressure by adding restrictors too :D

Don't know what you mean??? :duh:

Should I get me coat :lol:

fuel pumps in fact any pumps only provide a flow its restriction in the system that provides the pressure and attenuators that dampen out pulses in the flow.

Dunno about feasability though never tried it but it is theoretically possible

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obsessed- where did you source your injectors from and do you have any old aftermarket ones that you may be looking rid of????

Powerflow injectors..

Sydney Australia

(612) I think thats the country code 96094615

No sorry, the other injectors are not the right ones as they foul on the head.. Lexus need a smaller bodied injector for clearance.

MR SINGH-- How you going.. more turbo charged cars here..Besides I have meet a coulpe of nice people here (You included of course) :)

My car did only make 335bhp at the wheels on 15 psi(1.1 bar) but I still have atleast another 10 psi to stuff in there and more with better fuel once the waste gate is sorted so I think it will be a wee bit more..

I'm getting confused as some of you refer to BHP at the fly and BHP at the hubs.. I was under the impression Horsepower (hp) was at the fly and Brake Horse Power (bhp) was at the wheels.. So does that mean I can say I have 402bhp??

This is not a cheeky comment, I am unfamiliar with the way you show your HP figures.

Fever---HAHAHAHA You make me laugh..

Bazza.. Yeah thats right it is.. And it seems to me you know what you are talking about.. My constant fuel pressure is 45psi..(3.2)BAr Which is good... A return line is a big job and so are larger fuel lines because the lexus run a plastic fuel tank and fittings. Sure you can plastic weld the tank and hope it doesn't leak or you can run a catch can with a return running to it.. (where do you put this in a luxury car so you dont smell fuel)So in order to run a return its a very big and fiddley job, so the reg is in the tank is a pain to get around.. As you said it can be done but 45psi(3.2) bar fuel pressure is fine(recommended pressure) so I used larger injectors.. Lexus do not have the best fuel system for upgrades..

For the 3lt I have gone with a custom alloy tank because of these dramas.

Some people think upping the pressure is the answer, Its not.

It just makes me laugh that some people have a go at others or jump on a band wagon when they dont know whats going on..

It doesn't matter how good your motor is if you cant get the right amount of fuel to it, its not going to make the power..

Maybe we could start another thread (about fuel systems)to see what people have and haven't TRIED so we can all work out what works and dont work.. No try this and try that if you dont know..

P.s I pick turbo charged.. :D

. A return line is a big job and so are larger fuel lines because the lexus run a plastic fuel tank and fittings. Sure you can plastic weld the tank and hope it doesn't leak or

the lexus fuel tank is metal.

and its quite easy to run a fuel return, there is a fuel pump body available in Japan that has a fuel return union built into the head

<!--QuoteBegin-Monster-Mat+Dec 1 2005, 07:34 AM

and its quite easy to run a fuel return, there is a fuel pump body available in Japan that has a fuel return union built into the head

We have all had a look at the tank and it is very much plastic.. Hard plastic but never the less plastic.. Anyone else with a 99 IS200?

Did not know about the fuel pump.. Do you know what the rating is by any chance or any other info would be great...

You can run the return line into the bottom of the fuel neck/filler pipe. It is metal.

The return line on my car didn't seem to be a big and time consuming job at all. I watched it being done and there is not that much to it. You just need the right parts.

You can run the return line into the bottom of the fuel neck/filler pipe. It is metal.

The return line on my car didn't seem to be a big and time consuming job at all. I watched it being done and there is not that much to it. You just need the right parts.

I did not think of running it up there,

What size pump are you running gs.. Is it high up the neck and does it interfere with the breather?

well every fuel tank ive removed has definatly been metal, even the fuel tank on the 98 altezza i stripped down was metal.

anyway the replacement fuel pump assembly with feed and return line unions is made by SARD

not sure on which fuel pumps fit in the assembly, id imagine the sard fuel pumps

Edited by Monster-Mat

On all my other cars, NA and Turbo, I have always used an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. To me this is one of the first things you do along with an induction kit and exhaust. Tweeking the fuel pressure is alot easier than changing injectors and keeps it running sweet.

There does come a point where larger injectors are needed but this usually involves lots of power and a complete fuel system upgrade.

That's what I said! :blush:

. A return line is a big job and so are larger fuel lines because the lexus run a plastic fuel tank and fittings. Sure you can plastic weld the tank and hope it doesn't leak or

Hmm... not really easy, but possible, if you don't have this modified intank unit. :ph34r:

It took 7 hours to modify it. :yawn::ph34r:

Tank is metal... :)

I will look up the sard pump for its flow.. Thanks.. The return on the filler neck also seems like a good option as long as the return flow doesn't get in the way of the brether..

I will post pics of the tank as soon as the car is back here.. I do not know if they have changed or I am mistaken.. I will humblely eat my words if I am wrong.. But It surely does look like plastic..

It is put in at the bottom of the filler neck where it meets the tank!

Doesn't interfere with the breather!!

It is a walbro pump which I am told is capable of running 500bhp worth of fuel to an engine.

My fuel pressure is at either 3.5bar or 4bar but it is not going above 4bar as it messes with the spray pattern.

Once i get new injectors it will be back to 3bar base pressure!!!! :D

It is put in at the bottom of the filler neck where it meets the tank!

Doesn't interfere with the breather!!

It is a walbro pump which I am told is capable of running 500bhp worth of fuel to an engine.

My fuel pressure is at either 3.5bar or 4bar but it is not going above 4bar as it messes with the spray pattern.

Once i get new injectors it will be back to 3bar base pressure!!!! :D

I see you got it what I was talking about. :winky:

good link.......Am,

dam i need minimum of 853cc injectors

On a 4 Cyl. YES! :crybaby:

The more cylinders we have the smaller injectors we need.

Gimme VIPERRRRrrrrrr.... 10 Cyls. :blush:

I need a 3211cc injector, 400 horses running on 1 Cylinder :P

But it's not really true.... I think engine capacity and fuel pressure should also be included. :unsure:

A 6 Cylinder can be 2.0L, 2.5L, 3.0L, 3.5L and each engine would need another amount of fuel, so the injectors size should be choosen then. :)

Is it? :shutit:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links