Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

The Car Has Finally

norkep

PASSED THE MOT :lol::yahoo:

Finally tracked down the ball joint needed, £70 new from a local source and due to me painting the under arches, everything was free of rust and dirt so after about 1 Hr, the part was out and replaced.

With Rob's advice, managed to get the emssions down enough to pass but only just though :blink: , checked everything the night before and again in the morning to make sure all lights worked, on the way to MOT station, the drivers dipped bulb when :angry: but managed to source a replacement to get the PASS Cert. :D

Feels good to be able to start using her now :driving:

Way ahead of you Steve, spent half the day touching up the scratches etc.. on the paintwork and polishing the engine bay, next w/e will be claying the paintwork to even out the touch up marks. There's a lot of surface sratches on the paintwork where she's been sat for 6 months gathering dust

Got a few bits that need to be done like the heater, only giving warm air rather than hot, hopefully something like an air block, everything else works well, forgot how twichy she is in ice

You know what they say Mat, the best comes to those who wait, I've been told I've got the patience of a saint seeing as it's been since April the car's not been running :lol: but trust me, a saint doesn't drive the way I do :driving::lol: