Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 - Diary

koshime

the wing mirros look big/ are big (although built aerodynamically, i like then to elephant ears!) - you can see everything behind and around you and they fold beautifully.

I dont think the garage is a problem (in regards to the mirrors).

But i do wonder if getting in and out might. it is slightly wider overall but not as wide as a E class Merc!

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Day 2

- figured out how to get the DVD to play my mp3 cds...it soudns absolutely stonking good for either orchestral/live music/jazz...you feel like you're in the recording studio

- Had fun, getting all teh other fellwo anaesthetist to pile into the car to have a spot of exam revision/ watch scrubs in the DVD screen. The really loved the new IS as well.

Wonder how long one can play dvds priro to suckign the Battery dry without an engine on. Heated seats was the loveliest feeling

Right, decided to take a few night shots. The mist outside seems to permeate everything

Took me many retakes without a tripod to show the natural lumiscene as you approach your car at night.

img_3893.jpg

And the glowing footwell

img_3880.jpg

The reading lights

img_3883.jpg

Car still semi shiny (but in the day time, dust already has started to take hold)

img_3886.jpg

You have been lucky! I was informed my car would be available for collection from Croydon on Tuesday 22 November. Sold my car last week, now told this morning that my IS 250 has not even arrived yet, even though they were expecting it last Friday! With all the pre delivery work to do, it looks like a visit to the supermarket will be by taxi and three appointments cancelled. Has anyone else experienced this problem with deliveries before?

Update- Phone call from Lexus Croydon explaining delay will be 24/48 hours. Loan car offered in the meantime. All is therefore well with Customer service.

Well - the way I understand it.

There are 4-5 ships containing various car colours from japan

Ship 1 carries

- Black, Silver and some other common colours

Ship 2-5

- Blue, Red mica, and all teh other mettalic paint and rare white/green cars

So, for example, leicester had a customer that ordered on the 14-16th Nov, got their car in this week (probably because it was in teh same container)

Most deliveries from other dealerships - as I have heard had a 2-3 week delay for common colours, and a Dec date for the mettalic and rare paint colours.

And, errr I guess i was lucky, because the car was delivered on Nov 9th in Leicester (but i was not able to camp outside and beg for it yet, due to Lexus GB only allowing cars to be taxed and released on Nov 19th launch day)

Hope that helps some. I'm sure Mr. Mole has more insider information. whereas, i've just literraly talked to various delaerships around the midlands and London

Righty,

Day 3

Mileage 301. Yellow warning fuel light comes on

Decisions : go normal cheapo unleaded or super unleaded.

Called the dealer - was recommended regular RON98.Guess optimax wont work too well on the IS250 then

Here is the entertainment/DVD/nav screen selection

DVD tested: Incredibles

Massive compatability: MP3/DVD region2/WMA/VCD/Dolby Digital/DTS surround

img_3940.jpg

Something to keep me company whilst working....

img_3938.jpg

ML DTS Surround Sound control

img_3937.jpg

Nav- destination set to A41, with choice of road perefences - eg. Motorway, ferry, boat, rail travel,etc

img_3932.jpg

Maintenance - this little baby has AI that will tell you when something needs replacing...how mad is that. Just like the management screen in Gran Turismo! Heh heh!

img_3918.jpg

Bluetooth phone - clarity (microphone is placed above the driver on the central lights) saves a log of recent calls, etc. Note, you can upload files from your MP3 player onto the IS250. Not sure how many MB/GB is on the ML system

img_3916.jpg

DVD quality from the back seat. Pretty clear and the sound is AWESOME!

img_3902.jpg

img_3910.jpg

Unfortunately, the sad news is my lil baby had first blood today.

Having to dodge a speeding london bus around a narrow corner in Acton, I had to climb the nearby embankment.. sob!

On the plus side, body of car intact, no scratches, still pristine and not too noticable dmg to alloy, tires intact...

img_3951.jpg

img_3953.jpg

img_3886.jpg

fantastic picture :)

Day 3

Called the dealer - was recommended regular RON98.Guess optimax wont work too well on the IS250 then

optimax is 98 ron !

Bluetooth phone - clarity (microphone is placed above the driver on the central lights) saves a log of recent calls, etc. Note, you can upload files from your MP3 player onto the IS250. Not sure how many MB/GB is on the ML system

So far fantastic reviews of the car. Rather than satisfying my thirst for knowledge, you have further increased my desire for the car. Is it possible to dial a number using the voice control while you are on the move? Can you only use the voice control to dial numbers that are in the memory? Could you, for example say, "Dial 01234 567890"

Righty,

Day 3

Here is the entertainment/DVD/nav screen selection

DVD tested: Incredibles

Massive compatability: MP3/DVD region2/WMA/VCD/Dolby Digital/DTS surround

img_3940.jpg

Something to keep me company whilst working....

img_3938.jpg

ML DTS Surround Sound control

img_3937.jpg

Nav- destination set to A41, with choice of road perefences - eg. Motorway, ferry, boat, rail travel,etc

img_3932.jpg

Maintenance - this little baby has AI that will tell you when something needs replacing...how mad is that. Just like the management screen in Gran Turismo! Heh heh!

img_3918.jpg

img_3916.jpg

DVD quality from the back seat. Pretty clear and the sound is AWESOME!

img_3902.jpg

img_3910.jpg

Unfortunately, the sad news is my lil baby had first blood today.

Having to dodge a speeding london bus around a narrow corner in Acton, I had to climb the nearby embankment.. sob!

On the plus side, body of car intact, no scratches, still pristine and not too noticable dmg to alloy, tires intact...

img_3951.jpg

img_3953.jpg

Do you consider the alloys to be vulnerable to damage i.e proud of the tyres? Damn nuisance if they are!

these alloy and is250 specific tyres seem to be built such, the alloy have a small gap (enough to dig yrou fingers into) the central rim of the tyres...maybe a protective factor....

Are you gonna get the wheel repaired ? Feel for you on this - I hate having something so perfect be damaged. It seems to stare you in the face every time you get in the car. :crybaby:

these alloy and is250 specific tyres seem to be built such, the alloy have a small gap (enough to dig yrou fingers into) the central rim of the tyres...maybe a protective factor....

Are you gonna get the wheel repaired ? Feel for you on this - I hate having something so perfect be damaged. It seems to stare you in the face every time you get in the car. :crybaby:

It's tragic! Some faiths believe that jealousy manifests itself in the form of a disfigurement...there must be so many of us who would love to get an IS250, so my view is to leave it there unless it really bothers you - remember - it could have been a lamp post, on that kerb/verge!

Koshime - your reviews are great and I for one look forward to your diary each time I log in. Keep up the work... :winky: The pictures are great!

Gotta book my test drive...once the mad rush is over... :driving:

Anyone wanna buy and Audi A4, 1.9TDI 130, One owner (me)...46k FASH...I gotta get me an IS220d SE... B)

Actually - i'm just going to leave it there, till my first 10 000 mile service but over the next few weeks, I will try to make sure I do my darn best to make sure the detailing on this car is spot on.

Since the route to Hospital and home is filled with soot, pollution and pigeon poo - I literally will have to wash with water this car endlessly without getting those scraps of bone, stone and gravel and microscopic cobwebs.

First thing i'll do is try the Swissol experiment. Have tried the zymol experiment but tend to polish often too much with previous car....

Righty, the next quest is to take the car past its 600 mile.

So - if it snows, we'll know how it handles on the motorway tommorow

And if it blizzards, we'll knwo what the ride is like down to Torquay, Devon & Cornwall on Frid/saturday

Got to say - love the autocruise..the engine/gearbox is so so smooth. They should have renamed the IS250 - the IS/GS 300 +

car looks great - and you obviously are very happy with it!

good for you :D

img_3918.jpg

just thought I would point out that you need to enter the information for servicing into this screen - it does not "automagically" tell you that an (eg) air filter change is needed.

You say at what mileage each maintenance item is due - and the car will remind you.